I have a DC car charger with a USB port on the side. I plug in the 8130 using the same USB cable you use to connect to a laptop. Shouldn't the phone charge while plugged into the USB port of the charger? It doesn't seem to be working. I know the charger is working because my Garmin GPS is on it. Also, my ipod will charge off the USB port so its not the port. The phone does charge using AC power through an electrical outlet. Any suggestions?
    01-23-08 10:04 PM
    I have a DC car charger with a USB port on the side. I plug in the 8130 using the same USB cable you use to connect to a laptop. Shouldn't the phone charge while plugged into the USB port of the charger? It doesn't seem to be working. I know the charger is working because my Garmin GPS is on it. Also, my ipod will charge off the USB port so its not the port. The phone does charge using AC power through an electrical outlet. Any suggestions?
    Welcome to the nut house!
    For what ever reason, some work, some don't. Just because it's a usb charger, or a usb cable hooked to you PC doesn't mean it will charge. I believe it's got to do with the pinning, as in what contacts that are being used in male plug on the usb cable. The proper contacts just might not be there. My car charger worked on my Razor (usb) but not on my BB.
    01-24-08 04:25 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. Oh well, guess I'll get a cigarette charger.
    01-24-08 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD