First of all hello to all, i wanted to ask some questions regarding my ne BB. I don have any internet or web applications email with t-mobile... and i wanted to know if while using wi-fi at home or on a hotspot i could surf the web.. when i try to enter a page like google it tells me to get the 5.99 plan? Any help here.. The ther thing is, is there a way to delete more than one text at a time.. or do i have to delete each of them one by one. Any suggestions also on what i could do to prevent scratching of the screen? I tried putting the clear plastic but it always came out with air bubbles.. and i did use a mini squiji.. (check spell) and still had bubbles.. Otherwise i love the phone.. and im only waiting for a desktop manager manager for Mac to further take advantage of it. Thank you
    09-27-08 04:40 PM
    Follow this Guide for your wifi. You shouldn't need data plan for your 8120 as long as you are within range of your home wireless or hotspot.

Don't have message plan so can't answer your question but regarding the screen protector, I recommend BSE (best skin ever). It's cheap and easy to apply. I don't have any bubbles at all.
    09-27-08 04:50 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The key setting for using your Curve without a data plan is:

Connections / Mobile Network Options / Connection Preference: Set it to Wifi or Hotspot Only.

Data services must be set to On.

Options / Advanced Options / Browser. Set the default Browser to Wifi or Hotspot Browser.

You can only use Browser without a data plan, everything else, including most third party software, requires a data plan.

To delete multiple SMS messages, highlight the date line, press Menu and select Delete Prior.
    09-27-08 05:29 PM
    Thank you very much for your help guys... im trying to find that BSE screen protector but cant find it on google or even in here can you direct me to it.. again thanks alot for your help.
    09-27-08 05:43 PM
    Deleting text messages:

1. U can highlight more than one message to delete by goin into ur inbox, then hold the shift key and scroll with the track ball to highlight multiple messages, once ur done just hit delete.

2. Ur blackberry will seperate ur messages by day, so another way of deleting messages it to make sure ur trackball cursor is on date, then click the track ball and it will give u an option to "delete prior" which will delete all ur messages before and including that day that u had highlighted.

Hope this helps!
    09-27-08 05:44 PM
    09-27-08 06:29 PM
    Im having an issue with the web browser i can't seem to be able to navigate while using my home network.. I ran through the guide posted above, i've set the network preferences to wifi only and nothing.. usually i get a message saying .. a problem occured while trying to render the page.. could it be the format of entering webpage adresses.. Maybe i have to upgrade to a newer OS version? and now when changing the browsers back to t-mobile's it wont even do that it will tell me the same message as above??
    Turned off phone and nothing, the lastest message after entering a website is unable to find the requested server..
    Last edited by Yomny; 09-27-08 at 10:22 PM.
    09-27-08 10:19 PM
    New question here i decided to wait a bit and just get a data plan so actually work with this pearl. I beleive i have 4.3 OS in the phone and i needed to know whats the biggest storage sd card that it will recognize. Thanks
    09-28-08 01:00 AM
    Yomny do you have EDGE or UMA on your screen?

I got rid of my data plan and surf via my home wifi. UMA is on while home, switches to EDGE when I leave.

Manage Connections-Mobile Network-checked, Wi-fi checked.

Manage Connections-Mobile Network Options= Data services-on
    Connection Preference-wifi preferred

Options-Advanced Options-Browser= Hotspot browser.

My phone never did show wifi browser. Cs told me to set it to Hotspot browser. Though while testing, Internet browser works sometimes.

You may have to call Tmob and have them send your service books. I know it took atleast two calls for me to get wifi working. First was to configure UMA, second was to get online.

I have the 8120, same OS as you.
    09-28-08 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD