Hi, great site

I just picked up my pearl 8130 a couple days ago and so far I'm LOVING it. what a difference from just a plain old cell phone which is all I've had up tell now.

Only question I have is about the picture quality, it's horrible. I'm not sure if its something in the settings I'm not doing right or what? It's set on auto flash, auto white balance, medium size and superfine quality. But all pictures come out looking kind of washed out and blurry.

is it defective or am I doing something wrong?

TIA
    Shari
    Last edited by britiajon; 02-23-08 at 03:28 PM.
    02-23-08 02:18 PM
    Hmmm... I have a 8130 as well as a Curve and both have 2.0mp cameras and they are fine! Here are the settings I use, Flash- Auto White balance- auto pic size - larg and pic quality- super fine. SO try changing your pic size! Also here is a thread for people who post their pics from their 8130!
    02-23-08 02:28 PM
    I saw that post which really made me question mine. It's no where near the quality of some of those pictures. I don't have my email set up on it yet or I'd email it to myself and upload it here to show you.

Theres a grainy quality to it, and even when your taking the picture, theres like a wavering/grainy quality to what you see on the screen too. Hard to explain without showing you. Maybe I can save some to the memory card and then load them on the computer from there.

Thanks for the response
    02-23-08 02:34 PM
    Here are a couple of pictures I took just now. Excuse the lack of subject matter, I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop, so I just took a picture of the other side of my bedroom

I don't have any editing software on my laptop at the moment so they are full size right from the camera. Kinda crappy huh?

test picture 1

test picture 2

I'm thinking I might have to take it back. Bummer because I've spent 2 days getting it just the way I like it
    02-23-08 03:26 PM
    I think your pictures came out fine for a camera on a phone. You need to think phone first and get a digital camera to take real picyures.
    02-23-08 04:24 PM
    Here are a couple of pictures I took just now. Excuse the lack of subject matter, I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop, so I just took a picture of the other side of my bedroom

I don't have any editing software on my laptop at the moment so they are full size right from the camera. Kinda crappy huh?

I'm thinking I might have to take it back. Bummer because I've spent 2 days getting it just the way I like it
    Those picture don't look that bad. Just remember, most if not all the one you see in the Post Pictures from your 8130 Threadhave been resized so they will by nature look better. Also outside without a flash the pictures look better. What are you using for a lap top? Windows or a Mac and what OS are you running?
    02-23-08 07:28 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    02-23-08 09:59 PM
    Yeah, those aren't too bad. Outside with more light will definitely be better.
    02-23-08 10:08 PM
    Yep, they definitely look characteristic of low lighting conditions. As John mentioned, have you tried any outdoor shots or in brighter lighting?
    02-23-08 10:14 PM
    Welcome to CBerry!
    02-23-08 10:16 PM
    Okay good. I was just comparing what I was getting with the ones in the post above. They just looked worse to me. I'll try some outside and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the feedback

As far as the laptop, it's a HP DV 6500 running Vista home premium.
    02-23-08 11:19 PM
    Oh and thanks for the welcome
    02-23-08 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD