I've had my Pearl for about a week now. So far so good. Texting took a few days to get used to but there aren't many words I text that aren't in the dicitionary.

This is my first Blackberry and I've tried using the search engine to find the answers to my questions with no avail so here they are.

1) Pics and videos. I'll be upgrading to OS 4.5 shortly but until then and after when my wife sends me a picture or video from her phone it comes across as a link to sprint mail. On my previous Samsung Instinct it came directly to me as a text msg. Will this problem be rectified once I upgrade to 4.5 or is there an app to download so I don't have to get on the web to get the pics and videos?

2) Call logs/texts/emails/missed msgs and calls. All of the aforementioned show up on the same list. Is there a way to separate text and video msgs from emails, and the call logs?

Thanks again for the help. I'm enjoying my phone but I would definitely enjoy it more if I could fix some of the above "issues."

Pete
    08-21-09 11:07 PM
    Found out the answer to question 2 but playing with google. Answer was on crackberry.com.
    08-21-09 11:16 PM
    is your wife sending the msg as an MMS??
    08-21-09 11:35 PM
    Not sure. She has a Sprint LG so she's probably just taking the pic/video and sending it. Does it make a difference? If so I'll have her send it in the format that works best.

Thanks for the quick response.

Pete
    08-21-09 11:46 PM
    No matter what OS you are using, MMS picture messages will always show up as Sprint Picture Mail. Annoying as it is, it's the way Sprint does it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 05:59 AM
    Ya mms does not work like a normal phone when being sent through BB.. Certain companies have set up the mms to work right through to the message box on the phone. I see sprint has yet to do this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:36 AM
    At least now I know. Maybe Sprint will change it in the future, probably though. Thanks for all the quick responses and help.

Pete
    08-22-09 11:53 AM
    you will only get TRUE MMS with a blackberry on Sprint with

The Blackberry Tour
    The Blackberry Curve 8330M

The Pearl, Old Curve, 8350i all still do the MMS Link to Sprints Picture Mail
    08-22-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD