Hello everyone,
    I new to this site and also the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 from Alltel I hope to get to know you all and look forward to learning all I can from you all. I was surfing around and found this site and it seems to be a really GREAT ONE!! I just ordered my BB Pearl 8130 from Alltel last night they told me it would be to me on Wed. I was doing some reading here and saw that some of you have upgraded you software ver to 4.5+. I went to the Virgin Mobile and downloaded there latest ver. I opened it up and deleted there vendor file. I also downloaded the lastest desktop manager v4.6. My question to you all is should I do the software upgrade to 4.5+ to my new BB pearl 8130 before I start using it? Anything that anyone out there can advise me on about my new BB PLEASE DO I have never had any type smart phone before. I got this so I can use it along with my laptop computer to get on to the internet. I live in a rural part of Va and can not get any god internet service other than wildblue or hughes net. My daughter came to see me this last weekend and had a BB Pearl 8130 and she was using it on her computer here at my house and it seemed to be working fine. HELP ME OUT IN ANYWAY YOU CAN!!!
    Thanks....
    09-28-08 01:27 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I new to this site and also the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 from Alltel I hope to get to know you all and look forward to learning all I can from you all. I was surfing around and found this site and it seems to be a really GREAT ONE!! I just ordered my BB Pearl 8130 from Alltel last night they told me it would be to me on Wed. I was doing some reading here and saw that some of you have upgraded you software ver to 4.5+. I went to the Virgin Mobile and downloaded there latest ver. I opened it up and deleted there vendor file. I also downloaded the lastest desktop manager v4.6. My question to you all is should I do the software upgrade to 4.5+ to my new BB pearl 8130 before I start using it? Anything that anyone out there can advise me on about my new BB PLEASE DO I have never had any type smart phone before. I got this so I can use it along with my laptop computer to get on to the internet. I live in a rural part of Va and can not get any god internet service other than wildblue or hughes net. My daughter came to see me this last weekend and had a BB Pearl 8130 and she was using it on her computer here at my house and it seemed to be working fine. HELP ME OUT IN ANYWAY YOU CAN!!!
    Thanks....
    their are a lot of blackberry forums oh the INTERNET but in my opinion this is the best one from time to time i check the others buy always come back here.
    09-28-08 02:20 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I belive this is what you are looking for:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-modem-19093/
    09-28-08 02:47 PM
    how about the 4.5 ver software?
    Thanks
    09-28-08 04:11 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry Whitlow.

Everyone learns at their own speed. I think with a new device and being new to smartphones that it would be best practice to spend some time getting used to your device and the upgrade procedure before installing any new firmware. The actual procedure is not complicated, if followed correctly, but things can go wrong. This site is an excellent place to start your learning.
    09-28-08 04:18 PM
    I would get to know your device first before you upgrade to 4.5
    09-28-08 04:21 PM
    THANKS for the welcome everyone and the advice also. I look forward to learning as much as I can with help from you all.
    09-28-08 04:33 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    09-28-08 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD