So I got my BB Pearl 8130 yesterday on a New every 2 deal through Verizon and my workplace. So far I'm loving it. I wish I could have waited for the curve, but my Razr broke and I was told I could get a media phone. WOOT

Anyhow, we don't have any sort of enterprise server stuff. We're a small company all my email is done through Optonline and I hooked that up no problem.

Here's my question, I want to be able to do a calandar and update my contact lists through the computer and then sync it to the BB. I have Windows Vista 32b Home Premium and Office Home and Student 2K7 as potential software platforms.

What would I need to do to get this to work?

The blackberry is awesome and I'm loving learning it, but it's going to take a lot of time and the calandar and contact updating is important to me because I'm still not great with the keyboard and updating 100+ contacts will take me forever otherwise.
    03-28-08 09:17 PM
    Welcome to CB, There are tons of answers on here, just search the posts. Good Luck!
    03-28-08 09:19 PM
    You just need to install the Desktop Manager software that came with the Blackberry. It will sync your BB with MS Outlook on your computer.
    03-28-08 09:30 PM
    Hover over the image that says newbies. That's a great place to start learning.
    03-28-08 09:30 PM
    Welcome to the Black n Crack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 09:33 PM
    Vista PC's don't HAVE outlook. They have Windows Mail. Unless I'm being ******** I don't think they are the same thing. I love this thing, but it is a bit overwhelming. And I'm a guy who can build a PC from parts, though I guess that's not as impressive as it used to be.
    03-28-08 09:37 PM
    Hello fellow crack berry users .. i need your help .. i have the 8130 pearl and today i wanted to go on facebook and the phone said unable to get information.. so i tired Ebuddy and same thing.. so i went on google and tired a google search and that worked.. does anyone know why this is happening and how i can fix it??? please and thank you
    03-28-08 09:38 PM
    You're hijacking my thread Though if I could help you I would. I'm still trying to figure out how to get Vista Mail to work with this thing.
    03-28-08 09:43 PM
    lol.. sorry man.. i dont think vista mail is going to work.. did you try email set up and put that email there???
    03-28-08 09:48 PM
    Well my optonline.net email address is [email protected] we'll say. My blackberry has NO problem recieving emails from that. I haven't set up a true Blackberry email address yet would that help me with this?
    03-28-08 09:52 PM
    Any way to get ms office 03 on both computers? if so it's a piece of cake. Otherwise you'll probably need to look at gmail until the next desktop manager release. Welcome to crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 09:57 PM
    Okay I just got myself a Gmail address. I've been wanting to get a new Email anyway for a while since my current one is about 5 years old and a veritable cesspool of spam.

So now, how do I go about Syncing the contact list from the blackberry to the Gmail account? I assume once I do that I can then do contacts on the Gmail end and then load them back to the phone.

As an FYI I'm basically attempting to enter every business card/rolodex entry/etc into one convenient place here.
    03-28-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD