Trying to connect my pearl to my home computer and get on the internet but having no luck any suggestions. Thanks
    09-18-08 10:28 AM
    Hi, while I am still a noob when it comes to the blackberry, I am a network systems integrator so maybe I can help.

This is not too difficult. I thought I would chime in because I posted a problem and no one offered help to me and it sux...

First of all:
    You can tether with bluetooth or with a data cable. If you use bluetooth, the speed of the connection for Internet may easily be faster than the bluetooth connection. So, I recommend that you use the data cable.
    (far more robust anyway)

You must create a new dial up networking connection.The phone has a built in modem which requires a Windows dial-up-networking connection. For Alltel the settings for that connecton are available online. The settings are probably available for other carriers as well. After the connection is created, Windows may require that you specify the com port used. If you check all of the available ports, Windows will find the right one and then offer to disable the unused (previously checked) ports.

Once this connection is created, you simply execute it and you are online.
    Depending on your carrier, this connection can be quite fast.

Bing0
    09-18-08 11:05 AM
    Trying to connect my pearl to my home computer and get on the internet but having no luck any suggestions. Thanks
    I followed this post and it worked perfectly. I did not see anything specific to altel tho.

Using BlackBerry As Modem - BlackBerryFAQ
    09-19-08 02:03 AM
    Go here Alltel Downloads select your device and os. D/l software and install. It should be up and running in a matter of minutes.
    09-19-08 05:24 AM
    Go here Alltel Downloads select your device and os. D/l software and install. It should be up and running in a matter of minutes.
    If you will do the tether the way that I outlined you will not have any problems and you will not have to pay $10.00 per month for the tethering feature.

Bing0
    09-24-08 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD