Hey all,

I have my bb 8110 for 3 months now, and it's starting to get slower in my operations.

I don't use it excessively nor did i filled up the memory card...
    Everything is normal, but i have saved all my text messages since i bought it.

Do you have any idea of what could be causing this low-performance?

Do you have any idea of how to fix this, if possible?

Thanks in advance,
    RP
    06-25-09 10:36 AM
    The pearl doesn't have a lot of free memory. My guess is you're running low, especially if you're saving all your texts. Go to Options---Status and check the file free number there. Anything lower than 12mb and you're going to start running slower. You can delete texts, delete apps you're not using, and do a search for "memory optimization procedure" to do even more. A battery pull a day also helps greatly.
    06-25-09 10:41 AM
    A battery pull a day???? Yikes.
    I do agree whenever I have problems a battery pull does usually solve my issue.
    06-26-09 12:06 AM
    a list of apps you have on there would be a good start
    06-26-09 12:40 AM
    All the standard plus E-Trade mobile Pro, that i never used...

can i remove some standard apps?

Thanks
    06-26-09 05:49 AM
    Also make sure that pics are being saved to the media card and not the device memory. Make sure you properly close apps by hitting menu>close rather than hitting the END button. There is a thread called "How to increase blackberry's file free memory" on here check it out. It is linked as memory optimization in my signature. It will help you increase your memory.
    06-26-09 06:44 AM
    Thanks Iceman...

I usually do those kind of things you said in my operations.

I will check out the memory optimization link.

Thanks
    06-26-09 10:29 AM
    Hello,

You can also download an application called Quickpull. This will basically do a battery pull for you, everyday at a scheduled time. I set mine for 5:30am everyday, it works great. Basically you start each day with the max amount of memory for better performance, instead of having to remember to do a battery pull (or be forced to) every other day or so.

M
    06-26-09 11:27 AM
    Thanks Iceman...

I usually do those kind of things you said in my operations.

I will check out the memory optimization link.

Thanks
    Your welcome glad to help. And please do, it works.
    06-26-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD