I have a Pearl 8130 and there is this icon when I am talking to someone that I don't know what it means. It is a rectangle, cut diagonally by what looks like little white stars. The top half is black, the bottom half is blue. What is this icon for?
    06-19-08 02:23 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

What Does This Icon Mean??

BlackBerry 101 Lecture Slides

Check out those links. One is to answer your specific quetion.. the other is for any other things you may come across as a new BB user!!

Happy Crackin'
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 06-19-08 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Links
    06-19-08 02:26 PM
    The icons are different depending on what theme you have loaded. If you go into your applications (the spotted button to the left of the trackball) then move over to the icon, it should tell you what it's for.
    06-19-08 02:30 PM
    The icons are different depending on what theme you have loaded. If you go into your applications (the spotted button to the left of the trackball) then move over to the icon, it should tell you what it's for.
    He is not talking about the application icons... he is talking about some sort of interface icon... such as a service icon... so those links should cover his problems.
    06-19-08 02:32 PM
    The icon I am referring to only shows up when I am placing a call or have answered a call from someone. It is not listed on the links provided.
    06-19-08 02:39 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

Check out those links. One is to answer your specific quetion.. the other is for any other things you may come across as a new BB user!!

Happy Crackin'
    Thanks, but the icon I am referring to is not covered in these links.
    06-19-08 02:42 PM
    Sorry... I think the icon just means you have a connection. I used to have a RAZR and I had an icon very similar to the one you are describing... the one with a couple of boxes overlaying each other.

This could also mean data transfer... I get an icon somewhat like that when I have the Browser open... ??
    06-19-08 02:46 PM
    I've seen that icon on mine too... if you hit the L button during a call it changes so the rectangle flips, and then if you press it again it goes away. I don't know what it's for or what it means though.
    06-19-08 02:46 PM
    hmmm... that is odd... I really wonder what this is now... crazy
    06-19-08 02:55 PM
    I've seen that icon on mine too... if you hit the L button during a call it changes so the rectangle flips, and then if you press it again it goes away. I don't know what it's for or what it means though.
    You got it!! I got rid of it, but I still don't know what the heck it is for....thanks for your help....see - I told you it was mysterious!!!
    06-19-08 02:58 PM
    This is the equalizer - While on a call, use the trackball to adjust sound quality - Bass, treble, etc....
    06-19-08 03:00 PM
    That icon sounds like the in call Audio boost is activated
    Go into your Phone>Options>

Its in the newer OS's it seems.
    06-19-08 03:02 PM
    Yeah I never knew what it was so one day i just kept hitting random buttons until it went away! It makes sense for it to an equalizer though!
    06-19-08 03:07 PM
    It is the "enhanced call audio" feature. While in a call, you can boost the bass or treble to you liking. Just press the BB button and select 'enhanced call audio' and choose your preference. Or just press "L" as the shortcut.
    06-25-08 07:46 PM
    cool i always wondered what that was too and i found a selection i liked better thanks heads!
    06-25-08 08:47 PM
    awesome, Thanks I was wondering about it too
    06-26-08 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD