i just got my blackberry and am still trying to figure out how to use it but i can't figure out where my texts are going! all i can see in my list when i go to messages are emails. Until today the messages have been showing up just fine. Now when i send a message it stays there for about five minutes and then after that it says i have no sent messages. the same for received messages. can someone help me figure out what is going on? i really like to go back to my texts so i hope i can figure this out!

thanks,
    MaryKate
    03-01-09 10:24 PM
    Hi, MK. Please click options>status and check how many free Bytes you have, and post that # here please.

Do you have a lot of messages/e-mails saved on your Pearl?

Are you using Facebook or one of the other social networking apps?

Do you have a media card in your BB for storing ringers and pics?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-01-09 at 11:22 PM.
    03-01-09 11:19 PM
    You are describing a lack of free memory, that is reason for all of the questions.

03-01-09 11:20 PM
    I agree with bergerking. Here's a link for increasing file free memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory
    03-01-09 11:23 PM
    thanks so much guys my mom bought the phone on ebay and i don't think it was wiped back to factory standards so there is a lot of stuff on it that i don't need i think, i'll try these things thanks!!
    03-01-09 11:35 PM
    Ah, that would account for some of the problem, then. When you need help again, just holla!

03-02-09 12:00 AM
    The same thing happened to me and Verizon said that I needed a software update. I, too, bought my phone on eBay and it did not come with the latest software update. You need to be updated to version 4.5.0.77.

If you are a Verizon customer you can download this software from their website. It took care of the problem for me!
    03-02-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD