Well...was at a friends playing poker last night and with no radio in the room, I decided to unleash the pearl's media player. Within minutes everyone was enjoying the music. I then quickly realized that one of my friends across the table was an Iphone guy who has been bragging about his phone for months.

After about 4 songs, I quickly called him out. Ofcourse he was charging that weak phone of his...but after a few moments, he attempted to match me. Unfortunately for him.....no one could hear any music from his phone. The pearl's volume was probably 3 times louder!!!

I laughed at his attempt.

In other discussion, he disclosed that if he wanted to play put a song on his phone, he had to buy it from ITUNES and that if he wanted to use that song for a ring-tone, it costs another $1.

Not to mention that he can't send a picture or video text...but would have to e-mail it. Ha!

Just another story on how the BB rivals the Iphone in more ways than one.

Just thought I would share!
    03-02-08 12:07 PM
    I just went through the iphone vs. BB debate with myself and ended up with the BB.
    The one major advatage the iphone had for me was the web browser.
    However, for my use, that was near the bottom of the list.
    I don't want to view many pages on ANY of these little screens!
    For me, carrier (I had to stick with Verizon because much of my business travel is in rural areas), phone quality, and email reliability topped the list.
    That's why I chose BB.
    I'm only on the third day but am loving it.
    03-02-08 12:18 PM
    Blackberry......like an iPhone but for grown ups
    03-02-08 12:19 PM
    Yeah my BB Pearl is pretty loud and I love that the headphone jack is a standard size one! So you cant save song files to an iPhone as a mass storage device and play them? Man that really is kinda crappy if you can only buy songs purchased from itunes on the iPhone, and I'm a huge mac fan. I thought that you could sync all of your itunes library to an iphone.
    03-02-08 01:05 PM
    Thanks for the tale! This pearl can do nearly anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-08 01:08 PM
    I like Apple, but their proprietary exclusivity borders on the extreme.

The BB is by far a more useful and friendly device. Viva la BB!
    03-02-08 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD