I have a Pink Sandstone Pearl 8110, and I absolutely LOOOOVE it. I'm probably a little too addicted to it (which I know there's really no such thing, especially on this website! LOL) But I've been having some problems, and i hope someone can help me!

I understand that you can't just load your blackberry up with a bunch of apps and expect it to run, but I don't think I have more than a normal amount of apps downloaded, but my phone is completely messing up.

It used to be that every once in a while I would pull the phone out of my pocket/purse, and the screen wouldn't light up if I pressed the button. It wasn't even in standby mode where if I pushed the top button it would exit standby and be back to normal. It was completely black. But if I pushed the power button, the phone would start up again - almost like it had been turned off, except it only took about three seconds for the home screen to come back on, verses the thirty or so it takes the phone to boot up from scratch. But the ONLY button that would get it to do that was the power/end button. Any thoughts? Because . . . . .

NOW, when it does that (goes completely black), the ONLY way I can get it to come back on is by taking the battery out and putting it back in, and it turns on and starts up automatically. It doesn't do this all the time, but still, I do think a couple of times a week is kind of strange. I understand that this is a computer and it needs to be taken care of, etc, but I'm still not totally sure what to do. I do download apps, but unless it's something I absolutely love and use on a regular basis, I don't keep it. Here are the apps that I have:

Facebook
    Quicklaunch
    Uber Twitter
    Marble Trap
    Big Tin Can Buzz Me
    MP3 Ringtone Creator
    Gmail shortcut launcher
    Crackberry App Launcher
    TyperSpeed

Which I realize is quite a bit of apps, I didn't realize quite how many apps it was until I just typed them all. But like I said, I do cull out and delete ones I don't use on a regular basis, and I do memory cleaning, and I also delete my texts and emails. I keep the ones I want on my computer, so I just delete them off my phone. OH - and I have an 8GB memory card in my phone for pictures, ringtones, videos, etc. Right now my quicklaunch device info says that I have 13.49 MB free on the device, and 6.0 GB free on my card.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me! It's not a huge deal, but it is something that I would like to stop, and if I"m doing something wrong, then I'll change it! Thanks!
    06-02-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD