Any thoughts on my poor old pearl? Shes a 8100 T Mobile. Unusable Screen, Cracked case, but other than that, she does still work just fine. Granted if I can find my bluetooth again to figure out if I can make a call with it if I migrate the sim card over to it again.

Anyway heres the pictures. (The damage was done on May 8th. I only thought about now to showcase the damage.)

The Screen.

Cracked Side

USB Port still working.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get this Pearl functional again? The button on the left side that by default was "Voice Dail" doesn't work. Buttons on the right still work (I can push them, the other button, I cannot)
    When I was in the hospital I was able to make a few calls with my tooth but then the phone just ceased to allow me to make a call with it.

So ideas?

(Btw, the phone has been like this since May 8th 2008.)
    Last edited by JohnMidnight; 10-21-08 at 06:42 PM.
    10-21-08 06:37 PM
    Man! Sorry to hear about that!! Check out this website...

Cellular Accessories - LG, 3G, HTC, Nokia, Microsoft, Apple, SonyEricsson, Motorola, NEC, Alcatel, Sony

You can basically re-build your broken BB with their parts!

Good luck to you!

AHHHHH!! I'm FINALLY an ADDICT!!!
    10-21-08 06:40 PM
    Cool thanks for the site, now how about a how to take apart your broken pearl without damaging the working parts?
    10-21-08 06:45 PM
    Cool thanks for the site, now how about a how to take apart your broken pearl without damaging the working parts?
    The only thing I took apart was the trackball assembly...boy, what a mistake! I feel for you and all I can say is take your time. hopefully you've got a backup?

BTW - I'm selling my Pearl 8120 on ebay for $140 if you're interested. (T-Mobile)
    10-21-08 06:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can find some videos on youtube on how to take it apart. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 06:51 PM
    @BB Bob
    Well, my phones unlocked, is yours?

@SuperAJ
    Guess I'll start there.
    Thanks
    10-21-08 06:57 PM
    @BB Bob
    Well, my phones unlocked, is yours?
    No, sorry it's not. I figured this would be a good place to mention it. I hope all works out for you.
    10-21-08 07:01 PM
    Me too, I'm looking at roughly 91.97$s.
    33.99 for the new LCD.
    45.99 for the outer housing, and
    11.99 for the inner housing (if neccessary, but I think its neccessary, the phone did hit the ground with me which was probably a speed of around 55-65 mph.......)
    10-21-08 07:17 PM
    You can give this place a shot. They are also located in the U.S. Here ya go... BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry
    10-21-08 07:20 PM
    You can give this place a shot. They are also located in the U.S. Here ya go... BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry
    wow talk about shelving out more than a 100 for the parts.
    140$s

Pearl has now been stripped naked.... she looks perdy. Shes now been packed up for safety.
    Last edited by JohnMidnight; 10-21-08 at 09:51 PM.
    10-21-08 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD