Ok....I have a strange problem with my sweet new bb......(pardon me here as I am a newbie)....luvin the bb with one exception....thanks to the help of a new friend on here....I know how to save my ringtones, etc to my media card & have done that successfully..however, the strangest thing is happening at random times...there's a ringer (must be a default ringer on 8130) the dreaded "classic ringer" ...well....even though I have specific ringers correctly assigned to people in my address book...at "times" it will ring with that annoying classic ringer that I luv "so much" ....I go back to check that person's profile & sure enough, it is programmed with their assigned ringtone....this has happened with about 5 people just today in my address book who have assigned ringers........most of the time...the correct ringtone that I have assigned plays...but..when my bb gets a "mind of his own" that classic ringer returns!!!! Any tips or help here?????? I would appreciate it!!! (oh, I have plenty of room in my memory so no problems there)
    07-03-08 11:09 PM
    Only way for that to occur is if the number the contact is calling from does not match what is stored in the address book.
    07-03-08 11:20 PM
    I know....that's what I thought too...I can see the person's contact name displayed correctly when they call...just the dreaded ringer plays here & there......they are calling from the number in my address book.
    07-03-08 11:28 PM
    I had an issue similar to this with my old pearl. I had no specific ringtone set for the individual who called me the one time this did happen, however my tone was personalized. I never use default ringtones on any of my phones. Sure enough, though, when I got a call this particular time, the default ringtone played. I didn't even know it was my phone! Long story short, I did a battery pull and it never happened again. Strange... I still don't know what caused this. Perhaps just a small glitch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 11:46 PM
    OK...glad I'm not the only one this has happened to....I'll try a battery pull & see if that clears things up.....b/c outside of this little thing...I'm lovin my new bb! Thanks for the reply..
    07-03-08 11:53 PM
    You are very welcome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD