So I was trying to send my 8130 into standby using the mute button, but when I hold it down to go into standby it does nothing. I also noticed it is now an additional enter button, whenever I press it, whatever I have selected at the time is accessed as if I pressed the enter button instead of the mute button.

What gives??????

I've tried resetting the phone by pulling out the battery for about 2 mins, but to no avail. I will try updating the OS but I don't think that'll do anything...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    08-06-09 12:10 PM
    alot of these button issues are due to water damage but most of the time, it's more than 1 button that is effected. has your phone recently gotten wet?
    08-06-09 12:23 PM
    alot of these button issues are due to water damage but most of the time, it's more than 1 button that is effected. has your phone recently gotten wet?
    Nope, I lost an iPod shuffle due to its meeting a toilet. Don't want my phone to meet the same fate so I don't even take it in the washroom with me :P

It just started doing it after I checked a txt msg. I went to put the phone in standby, nothing happened so I tapped it just to make sure it was woken up, and then it opened the txt I had just gotten out of.
    08-06-09 12:29 PM
    Now it's working again...??????????????

I put it to charge and after a while it has started to work properly again...

What a goofy phone... enh, whatever...
    08-06-09 12:39 PM
    that is strange...
    08-06-09 12:56 PM
    How long have u had the Pearl? Maybe its time for an upgrade.
    08-06-09 01:11 PM
    How long have u had the Pearl? Maybe its time for an upgrade.
    I've had my 8130 since the end of April. I'm updating it as I write this, and hopefully this becomes nothing more than my BB having a small personality disorder

Many thanks for the help to you guys, I appreciate the thought
    08-06-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD