Been looking around and am wondering if someone else is having problems loading music on their 8130.

I have a 2 Gig card and of course putting all my music on it. I have about 6 CDs worth of music and have roughly 1.53 Gigs free after that and pictures. But when i attempt to load a 7th CD, it deletes one (or hides it in such a way that i cant find it). So the new cd gets put on but then i end up missing one. So i reload the one i am missing and then that 7th one i put on disappears!

I am getting a little frustrated and my dreams of music + 8130 are slowly dying>

Any ideas?
    01-23-08 11:20 AM
    I have had a similar problem. Everytime I load new music, my media player does not show it or update. I do a battery pull then it always updates all music.
    01-23-08 12:03 PM
    I did a battery pull and i had music disappear... I tried taking the memory card out and then putting it back in and had more music disappear as well.

So i am at a loss as to what to do next. Any advice?
    01-24-08 11:10 AM
    I am having problems with this too. Even after a battery pull, it's like it has to go through the card and update before I can actually start listening. I have folders I have added that never update and show after I put them on the BB even after multiple resets.
    01-24-08 01:32 PM
    I think we need one of our Crackberry Gods to help you guys with this one.
    01-24-08 02:35 PM
    Safe to assume you folks started with an empty, reliable name card which the 8130 formatted & built directory structure when first inserted?
    01-24-08 02:53 PM
    Yep. I still am having gobs of trouble with the music on my phone and am thinking of abandoning music on it all together.

02-11-08 12:27 PM
    whats the brand name of ur card that ur using?
    02-11-08 12:50 PM
    Gib, Almost sounds like your getting dangerously close to maxing out the card.

Do you see all your music with the BB plugged in USB looking at the card in mass storage mode as a drive on the PC through windows explorer?

What shows on the device in Options>Media Card>Free Space ?
    02-11-08 02:58 PM
    I have this problem too.

Have an 8G SanDisk with about 2G free (and ~ 12M free on the phone itself). I can play any music directly from the card, but thru the Pearl's music player, it only reads random artists/songs so I can never shuffle all the music on my card. I formatted the SanDisk via the phone, so it has the BBerry structre on it. And yes, you have to do a battery pull every time you put the card back in. The music player's inability to read everything on the card just seems to be some weird glitch...
    02-11-08 04:12 PM
    If it's any help to you, i have an 8130 with a 4gb sandisk card in it, and have never had a problem....

when i first installed the card i had to do a battery pull for the phone to recognize the card. then i put some music on via the adapter in my laptop, as well as enabling disk mode when it was plugged in...

my music will work even if i pull the card out and pop it back in... so i don't know if a battery pull will fix your problem..

hopefully the new update may contain a fix for your problem?

Just put all your music in the MUSIC folder and you should be OK! album art and everything!
    02-11-08 08:31 PM
    I have over a gig free, the card was formatted in the berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 08:54 PM
    Wegmans - tried your suggestion and redid music on SD card via mass mode. But I have a Mac, and the Pearl just froze and rebooted whenever I tried to move over the files, which I discovered is not uncommon. So guess I'll just have to live with the glitch, and enjoy whatever music the Pearl randomly reads from the card...
    02-12-08 07:02 AM
    Here is something no one has mentioned or asked. Are you just copying and pasting in windows or are you using the Media Manager that came with the desktop software with you pearl?
    02-12-08 07:29 AM
    Hey guys. My phone has been giving me **** all night; Music wont play, old texts deleted.

Maybe I just have low internal(Device) memory. I'm also wondering how it's garbage collection functions
    02-25-08 09:56 PM
    Check your device memory (options>status). I had only 2mb, deleted crap then pulled the battery. Seems to be fine
    02-25-08 10:19 PM
    I just loaded about 3GB of music on mine and, when I'd go through the normal channels (i.e. Media, Music, All songs, etc) it wasn't showing anywhere near all my songs. But, when you first open the Media application, open the menu and then hit Explore. This will show your folders and, as if by magic, all my music was showing up there, and it would play just fine. Plus, playing from here allows me to set up different folders or "playlists".

I'm sure everyone else already knows about this option but I'm new to the BB and just discovered it.
    02-25-08 10:41 PM
    Just a thought... after you insert the card loaded to the gills with songs, open media to your songs and let it sit for a minute before you try to view or use. Reason is, and this might not pertain to music, is I have a boat load of pictures on my card. I had to delete the bb.dat file, which is the data base for the thumb nails you see, for a issue I was having, and when I reopened the picture folder, it took a while to rebuild the thumb nail data base. Now if you download/install more music in a big chunk, the data base might take a little to update. Same might hold true when viewing your music list. The BB can't keep up. Just thinking out loud.
    02-26-08 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD