How would you go about moving my backed up assistant contacts on the VZW website to my BlackBerry Pearl 8130? I know there is some way of doing this technical support said it is in fact possible, but they are calling me back. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks!
    03-19-08 05:33 PM
    as far as i know you can't since it's part of the get it now downloads that you can't do with a BB. before i got my BB i just added the phone numbers in my contact list that weren't already in outlook, to outlook so everything transferred that way.
    03-19-08 05:42 PM
    Okay but if they're in the backup assistant I should be able to get them on the phone, correct?
    03-19-08 05:52 PM
    no, like i said, backup assistant is a downloaded program from the get it now downloads, which you cannot use or download to your phone. did you ask in a verizon store if they could transfer numbers from phone to phone?
    03-19-08 06:00 PM
    I think going into a verizon store will be your best bet. They have equipment to do it with and it will only take a few minutes.

Unless your old phone came with an application that will allow you to transfer your contacts from your phone to outlook, then from outlook to your new blackberry using desktop manager. Good luck!
    03-19-08 06:31 PM
    If you have an old Motorola phone, Motorola phone tools will sync to outlook, otherwise you'll have to go to a vzw store, their transfer app only does names and #'s, so you'll have to add emails and adresses to outlook and sync to get them on your phone. So sorry, no backup assistant, and welcome to crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 06:56 PM
    I had the same problem when I got my pearl a few weeks ago. It's not possible to get your contacts.

Take your old phone and your BB to verizon and they"ll transfer them. It takes 2 minutes, if that!
    03-19-08 07:27 PM
    I purchased my phone from a Verizon store and they had to transfer my contact list (how ever they do it). I had the backup assistant app download for my RAZR, but they stated they could not use the app to transfer to my Pearl. They waved the $10 fee due to the fact that I had the backup assistant app on my old phone.
    03-19-08 09:38 PM
    Boom, Motorola phone tools (google), will sync to outlook. Transfer your contacts from your razr to outlook, then sync your BB when you get it. Piece of cake.

03-19-08 09:46 PM
    I just bought my Pearl in February & asked the rep @ VZW about transfering my contacts from BA to my Pearl. He said it couldn't be done as the Pearl won't allow you to download the BA to your BB.

So what he did was transfer the #s from my old phone to my BB free of charge!

03-20-08 02:35 AM
    Just so everyone who gets the transfer done at a vzw store knows, they add an app called cellebex to your BB. When you do the os upgrade or the memory deal, you can safely remove that added app.

03-20-08 03:14 AM
    Just so everyone who gets the transfer done at a vzw store knows, they add an app called cellebex to your BB. When you do the os upgrade or the memory deal, you can safely remove that added app.
    How do I see if this app "cellebex" is on my phone? I looked in Option>adv optons>applications. I do not see it, also with desktop manager with phone connected I do not see it. Maybe I removed it when I did the OS upgrade.
    03-20-08 09:14 AM
    It's an icon on your desktop as a C, kinda looks like the opera icon. When you do the upgrade it tells you removing unsupported app and gets rid of it. I couldn,t get it gone till I upgraded, kinda like the preloaded pics.

03-20-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD