just wondering if anyone has been able to put movies onto their 8130 pearl? and what program and format do you use if any. thanks
    12-17-07 12:01 AM
    so far I am pretty disappointed with the media player - it claims to support mp4 video, but i've had a poor success rate with anything I have dloaded (note the files tested fine on my mac and PC).

I was hoping there was some sort of ipod emulator program that would make the thing do better with video from teh web.
    12-17-07 01:00 AM
    I've had very good results with Mobiola Video Studio Pro with both DVD movies and Youtube clips. The resulting video is somewhat small, but watchable. I've put an episode of Heros, Chuck, Scrubs and Earl on there and that 2.5 hours of entertainment used up about 200MB of my 2GB card. Would have been plenty to get me through one of my business flights.
    12-17-07 05:20 AM
    try this:

double U double U double U.media-cell.com (wouldn't let me post a link yet lol)

that's what I've been using... hasn't failed me yet.
    12-17-07 07:00 AM
    Media Cell would not let me convert my DVDs...gave me a message that says it cannot convert copy-protected DVDs. Never had that issue with Mobiola.
    12-17-07 08:20 AM
    I am not having an issue with the media player. I am able to convert my Tivo Shows to my blackberry with no fuss. Try RS audials - Free MP3 Music Download - Remove DRM Audio & Video Copy Protection - Music Video Clips - ID3 Tag I use it on my music and it looks like it works for video as well.
    12-17-07 02:30 PM
    i know silly question but i have looked at mobiola and unable to even download it, can anyone give me a hand on this? i just want maybe one movie or so on my blackberry pearl 8130. i have tried to download from pc, do i download ota?
    12-28-07 09:59 PM
    does it just have to be mp4 format?
    12-28-07 10:41 PM
    I had good sucess using Handbrake for my mac mini, I am a Windows user, but purchased a mac to try. I ripped a Bruce Willis movie and it came out to be about 550mb and the quailty is great. It took about 45 mins to rip/encode.
    02-07-08 01:35 PM
    I have used the ANYDVD (removes copy protection) and CloneDVD Mobile and have been able to get DVD's on my 8130 without any problem. Both programs are made by Slysoft. They work for me.
    02-07-08 01:48 PM
    CarryDVD and have had no problems... use it for my psp and my 8130. The audio is synced with the video, which I have heard is a problem with some converters...
    02-07-08 02:14 PM
    Another option is to convert dvd to AVI (super DVD ripper)and then use the Roxio media manager to convert it for the 8130. I have a lot of AVI movies stored on my pc. It takes roxio a couple of minutes to convert them and load them on to my 8130
    Last edited by mborth; 02-07-08 at 03:05 PM.
    02-07-08 03:01 PM
    Now I can say I am experienced... I purchased Apollo DVD Ripper for $34.95 and have been completely satisfied with it....
    I have watched several movies this week during my commute and have not had a problem. I don't even have to go through more than two steps. Burn it to the mp4 format and drag and drop in BB Media Manager. That's it. Love it..
    Thanks for all your help guys. There are tons of formats you can transfer it to with the software. I use the PSP MP4. It's great.
    02-07-08 03:06 PM
    I use MediaCell to convert movies. This week I converted Wild Hogs, The Prestige, and numerous, smaller files. They all play great. Program converts 700Mb avi file to about 170Mb mp4 file. I use Roxio Creator 9 to rip from DVD.
    02-07-08 05:50 PM
    That's my point. Apollo DVD Rip coverts the DVD right to the MP4 format of your choice. Then it's ready for the blackBerry....
    Best $35 spent...
    02-08-08 03:27 PM
    I did last nite for the first time, worked great... not trying to pub any site but went to

videos4blackberry.info and they have a nice little selection of stuff, especially if you want to just put something on your phone to see how it works
    02-08-08 04:45 PM
    That's my point. Apollo DVD Rip coverts the DVD right to the MP4 format of your choice. Then it's ready for the blackBerry....
    Best $35 spent...
    It is easier to use and it is $29. I had several DVD's converted using Mobiola Pro 2.1.21. Does not seem to have problems. I tried Roxio before and had audio/video out of sync.
    02-21-08 01:49 PM
    I had video audio out of sync until I learned how to use it. 29.9 FPS is perfect. Never had a problem. Can convert to countless formats and size, quality.. etc.
    02-21-08 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD