Hey does anyone know how to move all the pictures from the device memory to the card memory in one step? I have only been able to do it one at a time.
    08-02-08 03:32 PM
    It would probably be easiest through Desktop Manager.
    Sar Coma likes this.
    08-02-08 03:34 PM
    Hey does anyone know how to move all the pictures from the device memory to the card memory in one step? I have only been able to do it one at a time.
    I don't use Media Manager anymore, but you are stuck with it until you get the pictures out of your devices memory. Once they are on your PC, you can use Mass Storage Mode to drag and drop them just like you would with Windows Explorer.
    08-02-08 04:10 PM
    Is there a way to do it without the desktop manager?
    08-03-08 05:58 PM
    To get them out of the device memory requires desktop manager. Once out and on your pc, use Mass Storage Mode. I don't know any app other than media manager that can read the device memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 06:01 PM
    To get them out of the device memory requires desktop manager. Once out and on your pc, use Mass Storage Mode. I don't know any app other than media manager that can read the device memory.

are you talking about using the media manager Roxie that is on the CD that came with my pearl 8130 if so it just locks up my computer so i deleted the hole thing i have tried Roxie several times and it just screws up my computer.
    08-03-08 06:10 PM
    The only other option that I know of besides using MediaManager is to move each file individually from device memory to the card. You do this from your device by Menu > Move
    08-03-08 06:16 PM
    are you talking about using the media manager Roxie that is on the CD that came with my pearl 8130 if so it just locks up my computer so i deleted the hole thing i have tried Roxie several times and it just screws up my computer.
    The only other option that I know of besides using MediaManager is to move each file individually from device memory to the card. You do this from your device by Menu > Move
    Yes, that's the Roxio Media Manager that I was referring to. Now you know why most of us don't use it, and why one member refers to it as Poxio...

bmcclure937 is right, there is the alternative to use menu/move. It's been so long since I've used it, I'd forgotten about it. Either by Roxio or by menu/move, it's just a one-time procedure to get them out of device memory.
    08-03-08 07:39 PM
    Yes, that's the Roxio Media Manager that I was referring to. Now you know why most of us don't use it, and why one member refers to it as Poxio...

bmcclure937 is right, there is the alternative to use menu/move. It's been so long since I've used it, I'd forgotten about it. Either by Roxio or by menu/move, it's just a one-time procedure to get them out of device memory.
    Roxie is evil i have tried it a few times before and it always screws up my computer and i have to go into the registry and delete all traces of it that i can fine. evil evil
    you would think that all the people that have trouble with Roxie the company would fix the thing and rim should have heard about it by now and stop putting it on the CD.
    Last edited by jerry12; 08-03-08 at 08:24 PM.
    08-03-08 08:17 PM
    I cannot for the life of me view the sample pictures from the device memoy using Media Manager. When I click on the pictures folder, all that comes up are the myfav icons. How can I access the sample pics from the device memory so that I can move them all to my media card?
    08-04-08 05:27 PM
    I cannot for the life of me view the sample pictures from the device memoy using Media Manager. When I click on the pictures folder, all that comes up are the myfav icons. How can I access the sample pics from the device memory so that I can move them all to my media card?
    I don't think it's possible to work with the pre-loaded pictures one-by-one. They are all contained in a single .cod file that can be loaded in device memory or not. Post #3 in the Stoner Procedure (linked in my sig) will show you how to remove them, but you have to start at the beginning, with Post #1.

If Stoner is around, he can probably answer your question definitively.
    08-04-08 07:08 PM
    As a Mac user, I haven't been able to access the photos on my device memory. The solution was to purchase a SD card. Which I did - and now all pictures I take are stored on the SD card. How can I transfer the pictures from device memory to the SD card without using the computer? Or how can I use the computer (missing sync).
    Thanks!
    08-10-08 10:00 AM
    this is kind of a lame workaround, but have you tried emailing the pictures to yourself?
    08-10-08 10:42 AM
    ...How can I transfer the pictures from device memory to the SD card without using the computer?...Thanks!
    Use the Media Explore function on your device. Run Media, press the Menu key, and select "Explore." You can select a picture in the device memory and move it to the microSD memory. You will have to move the pictures one at a time, but you can do it without using a computer.

08-10-08 12:58 PM
    The media Manager appears to work OK for moving pictures to the laptop from the media card. I cannot get the Media Manager to show the Device Memory. What is the trick to get Media Manager to show the files in Device Memory?
    02-01-09 07:41 PM
    Are you possibly confusing Media Manager and Mass Storage Mode? Media Manager can see the device memory. Mass Storage Mode can't. I don't use Media Manager.
    02-01-09 08:29 PM
    Use the Media Explore function on your device. Run Media, press the Menu key, and select "Explore." You can select a picture in the device memory and move it to the microSD memory. You will have to move the pictures one at a time, but you can do it without using a computer.

i never knew about this so i tried it and after ive selected a picture to move and in the media card section, i highlight "pictures" and hit menu and there is no "move into" option, only "move here", which doesnt put it in the pictures folder just memory card folder. i went and highlighted the "music" option and hit menu and the move into option was there. how can i move a picture directly to the pictures folder?
    02-02-09 02:22 PM
    You have to move pictures one step at a time. Suppose I have a picture in the device memory Pictures Folder and I want to move it to the Media Card Pictures folder. Here are the steps, starting from the Home Screen:
    Media / Menu / Explore / Device Memory / Pictures / Bugler.jpg
    Highlight Bugler.jpg, press Menu, then Select Move.
    Click Up Up Up Up to get to the top of the folder tree.
    Now select Media Card and press Enter.
    Menu / Open / BlackBerry / Open / Pictures / Move here.

It actually is a LOT easier to do it than it is to type the steps to do it!
    02-02-09 09:56 PM
    Thanx for that great instruction moving pics from device to media card. I was pulling myhair out with this one.
    11-01-09 05:03 PM
    I was able to follow the directions somewhat. I'm pretty sure I've moved my pics to my memory card b/c when I pulled out my memory card the pics weren't available. However when I go to options / media card / total space it tells me I have 3.6 gb of total space and 3.6 gb free. This would lead me to believe that I don't have any pics on the memory card.

Long story short my file free is typically around 5 million and I'm trying to get it as high as possible. thanks in advance.

Pete
    11-01-09 09:56 PM
    The problem is that your memory card free space is only reported in 0.1 GB increments. That means you have to have at least 50MB of pix to change the reading, assuming it rounds up, 100MB if it doesn't. Given how small BlackBerry pictures typically are, 100MB is a LOT of pictures. If the pictures go away when you remove your card, they're on the card. Put the card in a PC reader and you can see them.
    11-01-09 10:04 PM
    I have a picture on my device memory - I know because I can see it using the dredded Roxio media manager. But I can't seem to view it using the device. I can view all the pictures on my memory card, but not the picture on my device. So, I just copied the picture - using Roxio media manager - and pasted it on my memory card. Now I can see it - and I can make it my Home Screen Image. But, surely there's some simply way to view the picture in my device memory (and using that image to make my Home Screen Image). Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
    12-18-09 02:20 PM
    Thank you!!!! It worked .freed up so much memory.
    04-24-10 02:20 AM
    Solution on how to view both the Device memory and the internal media card.
    First Step:Go to menu/option/memory:
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Media Card Support: On
    Status/Options/Media Card
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: yes

Plug your Blackberry into a USB port, enter device code
    the blackberry media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer.

Ok now you have to unplug the blackberryfrom the usb cable and reconnect it again so that the pc will detect the second memory card. The media card will come up with a different drive letter.

Then you can drag and drop it
    10-20-10 01:36 PM
    download beamexplorer. then copy the folder to the memory card. simple solution.
    07-05-11 06:34 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD