First off....there is nothing like getting a blackberry to make one feel like an uber stoopid newb

Ok...I have a data plan, unlimited sms/mms, the person I am sending to can receive pics.........it's not getting through...nothing I send (ringtone/pics) gets sent out...I did a search and it was suggested that the file size was too big...i switched mine to small and still no go...any other ideas? I'm starting to wonder if my phone is defective lol
    06-19-08 05:54 PM
    Are you able to send them to anyone else or is it just one person you cannot send to? You could try resending your service books.

How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-19-08 06:08 PM
    same thing happened to me, it might be because the memory is too low.
    06-19-08 06:10 PM
    Are you able to send them to anyone else or is it just one person you cannot send to? You could try resending your service books.

How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ
    Cant send to anyone.

Service books didn't fix it.

So my status says:

file free 12181004 bytes
    file total 50462720 bytes

do I not have enough memory or what? How can I get more?
    06-19-08 08:28 PM
    Looks like you have enough memory at the moment. However you are starting to get on the low side of things. Here are some helpful links.

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ
    How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ
    How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory
    Optimize your BB! How To Setup for max free memory!

If resending the service books didn't help, and you also have tried registering your device (which was in that link I gave you before) then I would advise you to follow the last step and call your carrier. It could be they don't have your account provisioned correctly.
    06-19-08 08:38 PM
    call the cellular company they will give you a special number to text to that will text you back immediately that tells you if your messaging is on. you know just to see if it is you
    06-19-08 08:39 PM
    Looks like you have enough memory at the moment. However you are starting to get on the low side of things. Here are some helpful links.

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ
    How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ
    How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory
    Optimize your BB! How To Setup for max free memory!

If resending the service books didn't help, and you also have tried registering your device (which was in that link I gave you before) then I would advise you to follow the last step and call your carrier. It could be they don't have your account provisioned correctly.
    Ooops...I forgot to register the device...duh....will do that thanks
    06-19-08 08:55 PM
    call the cellular company they will give you a special number to text to that will text you back immediately that tells you if your messaging is on. you know just to see if it is you
    K...will do..thanks
    06-19-08 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD