Hey all...

1.) I would love to modify one of the "today" themes to show the five app icons at the bottom (as my vzw theme does) with my calendar items on the home screen. I don't want anything else on the home screen, just calendar, and the five top apps. I feel comfortable creating this myself, if someone could point me in the right direction.

2.) My Micro SD. I have a 2GB Lexar MicroSD. I have formatted it on the BB. I have formatted it using both my Apple disk utility (my main computer) and PC disk utility. I have repaired it with both. Everytime I use USB mass mode to put music, etc on, it then shows that the disk has errors and needs repaired. If I reformat on the BB, it will read correctly. The only way I can seem to get info on there is if I Bluetooth it. Also, with some pictures, it will leave error lines, etc, garbled on the pic and won't be able to send to others. Is this something that can be fixed, or did I buy a bad memory card?
    Last edited by tk54; 12-03-07 at 07:13 PM.
    12-03-07 02:30 PM
    ***bump***
    12-03-07 08:13 PM
    1. To make your own themes, go to plazmic.com to get started.

2. Why dont you put the media directly on the media card without going through the usb method?
    12-03-07 08:50 PM
    2. Why dont you put the media directly on the media card without going through the usb method?
    ??

I'm not sure I understand? Do you mean using the desktop manager? That also created the exact same error.
    12-03-07 09:33 PM
    Put the media card directly into your computer and then transfer the files to the media card by drag & drop.
    12-04-07 08:56 AM
    Put the media card directly into your computer and then transfer the files to the media card by drag & drop.
    To do this you will need to be in mass storage mode wont you? My device is set to that when i do it that way.
    12-04-07 10:20 AM
    I meant literally take the media card out of the phone.
    Put it directly into the computer.
    Drag and drop the files onto the memory card.
    Eject
    Put it back in the phone.
    12-04-07 02:16 PM
    Some of us don't have media readers in our PCs.....
    12-04-07 03:02 PM
    WOW I did just assume that didnt I? My bad.
    12-04-07 03:04 PM
    WOW I did just assume that didnt I? My bad.
    *snicker*point*taunt*
    12-04-07 03:20 PM
    yes, lol, you did assume that, HOWEVER....

I have a USB card reader.
    I have tried using drag'n'drop, yet that without fail always results in the

"memory card contains errors, please use a disk checking utility to repair" error msg.

It'll write to it, but when I put it back in my BB, I get the error.
    12-07-07 11:39 PM
    Your card is the problem. I would send it back for a warranty exchange. I had the same problem in the past with buying a non retail Sandisk off ebay and the sectors were bad. Thankfully the seller gave me my money back, Sandisk told me it was a counterfeit card. I had to threaten the seller to give me a refund or I was sending his info to Sandisk. When I had all the errors I tried several ways to format and they all failed. They would format the card, but when I go to transfer files, it would get sector errors.
    12-07-07 11:46 PM
    well, it seems as if the problem is slowly getting better..?

now, the mem card stays "formatted" and "supported" (at least this one time) when I took it out and put it in the reader. I dropped a few mp3's on just to see how she'd do, and they transfered and showed up.

However, they play, but with some garble in certain spots , and a few of them play much worse. Think garbled satellite/radio transmission.

My ringtones are working, when I've bluetoothed them over.

I would like not to have to bluetooth over 2GB worth of music.... and even when I do, they have the same garbling problem.
    12-07-07 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD