Hello all:

I have been trying to add my brother (both have Pearls) as a contact in BBM. He is on a different service provider than I. I have sent a request each from:

1 - having his PIN in my address book under his card.
    2 - by using the "use once" tab, and entering the pin.
    3 - by sending a pin message to him.

I have also tried all 3 of these from his phone to mine, both after deleting the "pending" contact, and also while leaving it there, having each of us pending on the other's phone.

Problem is, neither of us ever gets the request. Neither of us have ever gotten the PIN message either. Admittedly, I am rather new to this, but I have added other contacts and they have all worked flawlessly.

I have also searched several forums high and low, only to find that nearly everyone with this problem at least gets the contact request. The ones with the same problem as I, have not been responded to.....

Any help would be truly appreciated.
    08-27-08 05:19 PM
    Both of you have a bb data plan?
    08-27-08 05:24 PM
    Yes, we both have a data plan, and both have other contacts, and use messenger with them reguarly.
    08-27-08 05:37 PM
    Only one of you is sending a request? If you are both sending requests, it wont work.
    08-27-08 05:39 PM
    I have tried both ways, but will again, ensure right now that there is only one request.
    08-27-08 05:41 PM
    There is only one and it is still not going through. I can also say that I do not believe it is any matter of a delay, as we left it over night with a pending request.
    08-27-08 05:43 PM
    Neither of us have ever gotten the PIN message either.
    I find this rather strange. Are you saying you've tried "compose pin" and sent a pin message and it was never received and vice versa?
    08-27-08 06:02 PM
    I find this rather strange. Are you saying you've tried "compose pin" and sent a pin message and it was never received and vice versa?
    That is correct. But again, I will try another time just to make sure I am not smoking crack.
    08-27-08 06:15 PM
    Ok, I went to messages, compose PIN, in the to field, selected him from my address book. Sent test message. I confirmed the PIN is correct from his status screen, and my address book. The sent message remains red in my "messages" app. Likewise do PIN messages from him to me stay red in his.

I should also add that he does not have this problem with other people on the save service provider as me.
    08-27-08 06:26 PM
    Also, I just noticed, If I plug his phone into my computer and open BB desktop, his comes up as "none" at the bottom where it says PIN.
    08-27-08 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD