Hi all!
    Just got my BlackBerry Pearl about 2 weeks ago and I love it! It's so AWESOME!
    but I've been having problems with my messaging. about an hour after I send or receive a SMS message, it gets deleted from my inbox or whatever you want to call it. I have the option set to keep my messages forever, so I don't know why this is happening. I took my BlackBerry back to Verizon a few days ago and they gave me a new one because they thought it was defective. Now the new one is doing the same thing, I even had a message from my friend be deleted before I could even read it. Is there anything I can do to keep my messages for a least a day or two before they get deleted?
    05-02-08 02:19 PM
    Go to Options > Status. What do you have listed for File Free?
    05-02-08 02:38 PM
    zero bytes, that must be why.
    but why would I only have zero bytes free, the few ringtones and pictures that I have are stored on my 2 gb memory card not on the BlackBerry's memory and my contact list isn't very long and I don't have anything else on my BlackBerry besides the apps it comes with.

sorry to be such a noob.
    05-02-08 03:11 PM
    Do you have many programs opened?
    05-02-08 03:13 PM
    The 8130 is notorious for leaking memory. Best you can do is follow the advice in the links below and pay very close attention to how the memory is being used.

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ

Optimize your BB! How To Setup for max free memory!
    05-02-08 03:15 PM
    Do you have many programs opened?
    not really, though it may depend on your definition of many.

and thanks for those leaks sunkast, they really helped.
    05-02-08 03:24 PM
    i did a search but didn't fine what to do. i am new so please don't burn me at the stack. when i open up messages their is one that i sent today that has a check mark by it and i can not delete this message i have tried every thing that i can think of but it is still their and it bugs the crap out of me.
    05-02-08 08:44 PM
    I'm still a firm believer in reinstalling the os to fix leaks. My 8100 leaked when I got it, I did a reinstall and never had a problem again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 08:54 PM
    i did a search but didn't fine what to do. i am new so please don't burn me at the stack. when i open up messages their is one that i sent today that has a check mark by it and i can not delete this message i have tried every thing that i can think of but it is still their and it bugs the crap out of me.
    OK i took the battery out and the message went away so could some one tell me what is going on with my phone ? should i return this phone for another one this is my second phone the first one had very low volume on the ringers ?
    05-02-08 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD