Hi Team,
    I've found recently after upgrading to Lotus Notes 8 that my emails disappear from my inbox instead of being saved (BB 8110).
    The keep messages setting is left at 30 days so this is not the issue.
    I've read that this is a feature of the device which stops storing messages when in need of device memory.

I checked my available memory which reports as follows:
    23459881 Bytes
    I've checked the database sizes and the total is 1508k.

I've tried a battery pull which also did not cure the problem.

I can flash the firmware and reload it but I'd rather know if there is a less drastic solution?

Thanks for your time,
    Soggy.
    03-26-09 05:41 AM
    23 459 881 bytes File Free is plenty of memory. It's actually a lot for a Pearl. The memory cleanup function you refer to deletes text messages, phone logs, and old calendar entries, when your memory gets drastically lower than 12 000 000 bytes. It does not normally delete emails. In your case, unless you misreported your File Free, low memory is not the problem. It may be that there's an incompatibility between Lotus Notes 8 and your Pearl. You might check the release notes or help file with Notes.
    03-26-09 05:49 AM
    I called my carrier for help on a similar issue. My text messages, actually any messages, were disappearing altogether. He had me check my memory and was similar to yours where it seems like alot, but it spends fast. I had to get a memory card and it's saved me. I was told when they released the Pearl, it was a sacrifice that was made for it's smaller size so if you're sending alot of messages or saving pictures, files, etc. you'll definitely need a memory card. Worked wonders for me )
    03-26-09 07:51 AM
    I actually had this problem to. It was deleteing all of my msgs, emails, etc. but i didnt even recieve a notification first that i had received one, it was in my box for a split second and then gone. I would pull my batt and that would fix it for about 24 hours but then back to the same thing. this was before i upgraded from OS 4.1 to 4.5. and since i upgraded i havent had a problem since.
    03-26-09 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD