Every once in a while my phone will decide to delete a text message before i read it. when that happens my call log erases... and my message inbox erases. it will keep doing it until i take out the battery and restart the phone. does anyone know whats going on with my phone its really gettting annoying...
    02-03-09 06:44 AM
    Sounds like low memory. Go to options > status and check your file free number. Post it here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 06:51 AM
    the file free number is... 9910432
    02-03-09 06:53 AM
    This is due to memory loss! Go to Options>Status, and check File Free status. You should have a minimum of 12,000,000 free bytes in order for your BB to function smoothly. If you're low on memory, follow the instructions on this thread to help you out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

After you finish with the memory optimization, make sure all your media items (e.g. pics, music, video etc.) are stored on a media card. When you lose memory, your BB will start to delete the least important items to free up memory. This includes texts, emails and call logs. Try to keep an amount above or around 12,000,000 free bytes.

02-03-09 06:54 AM
    thank you!
    02-03-09 07:01 AM
    and the only way to stop it from happening when it happens is to turn the phone off and take the battery out?
    02-03-09 07:11 AM
    Well, monitor your memory and don't let it get so low. When you take the battery out your internet cache stc is cleared which frees up some memory too. A regular battery pull is a good idea

Following the steps in the link above should give you a much more manageable amount of free memory so it shouldn't happen again with you monitoring it.

02-03-09 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD