I notice that after reinstalling your OS, the memory will be lost over the course of a few months. After reinstalling the OS, I have about 19 megs of free space, however after the course of about a month or two, it goes down to about 13 after a soft reset. I haven't installed anything new, I feel like if you install multiple apps and uninstall them, a portion of that app still stays on the phone, decreasing your memory. Does anyone else experience this? All my media is saved onto a microSD and I delete my messages.
    10-21-08 02:04 PM
    Have you cleared your event log? Using your shift key type lglg

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 10:03 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ try this

10-21-08 10:04 PM
    What is the event log thing? I looked at mine and its got a **** load of crap listed, what happens if I delete it, what else gets deleted?
    Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but its relateable
    10-22-08 12:49 AM
    The event log basically logs everything every event the happens on your phone. I know, who would've thought that an event log would log events. deleting it doesn't delete anything accept for the logs. Sorry to be so blunt.
    10-22-08 01:02 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ try this

I have followed all of these steps in the past, that is how I got my memory to around 20mb (deleting media files, etc) after reinstalling the OS, the problem is that over time, the memory just starts to go down, now its at 13 after a soft reset.
    10-22-08 08:22 AM
    hmm. that's strange how long are you keeping your messages? those take up memory even after a soft reset, so theoretically if you get a lot of emails over time you will run out of memory unless you delete them. The same goes for call logs, event logs, sms, pin, basically everything that you goes into your phone over time takes up memory.
    10-22-08 02:10 PM
    The thing is, I check the database sizes under the options/status and adding up all of what you said, it is under 1mb. Also, there is nothing being downloaded to the device memory either. If I go and clear out all of my messages/logs, it gives me even less than 1mb of free space that it was taking up in the first place.

10-22-08 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD