I am a 1 year veteran of the crackberry, and seem to have a handle on memory issues... But I need help on this one!

8130 pearl, apps installed include, mobitv, viigo, vlingo, gmail, tetris, opera mini, I took this on my phone, shozu, and google maps....

I just removed mobile IM, and an iPhone theme and google mobile app, to free up some memory...

Cleared cache for browser, and viigo...

Still getting the hourglass of doom due to memory being eaten up!

I've verified that no programs are running via alt+back to see what's open...

I'm holding out to try the storm in a few weeks...but Any ideas in the mean time....

Paul~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 08:08 AM
    I see in another post where you have use MaxMem to recover some additional memory.

MaxMem does a fair job, but I really prefer the "Better" technique used with CrackMem. It is more complicated, you will have to use a Windows computer and install the correct support software.

My 8120 Pearl has 24 Mb free memory with VAD and DocsToGo installed.

Have you completed the setup wizard? One of the step lets you remove the additional language packages that were pre-installed.
    10-24-08 12:19 PM
    setup wizard if you havent done that yet, also, media>options>device memory, try setting it to 12MB if not already
    10-24-08 12:24 PM
    Already got rid of all but English language stuff.

I'm. Wondering if its viigo beta 3.0?

I use it all the time!

10-24-08 02:59 PM
    it happens to me all the time...after a battery pull goes down to less then 10k so i wiped the memroy and restored a backup and my mem was back to normal
    10-25-08 05:32 PM
    You mean you did a full wipe?

I dunno if I'm that brave?

10-25-08 06:28 PM
    Already got rid of all but English language stuff.

I'm. Wondering if its viigo beta 3.0?

I use it all the time!

If you search the forums, you'll find that Viigo is indeed often mentioned in posts regarding memory problems. You might want to try deleting it for a few days and see if your memory stabilizes. Then you can make an informed decision whether having it is worth the memory it uses. I referred you to Reed McLay's Memory Optimization Procedure in your other, non-duplcate thread. If you have not done it, you need to.
    10-25-08 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD