I believe I may have a memory leak. I was hovering in the high twenties and even thirties last night. I installed opera mini and when i saw my memory quickly decrease i removed it and did a reset. now i can't get my memory above 13. Anyone have any idea why this is. Is my Pearl permanently damaged. how can i get some more memory. I haven't installed any other 3rd part apps and now i am afraid to install anything with this memory leaking.
    01-03-08 07:00 AM
    jpeters, welcome.

Did you pull the battery while powered on, to reboot? Also, check Options > Advanced > Applications > (menu) Modules and make sure none of Opera Mini is left on the device.
    01-03-08 10:02 AM
    Yes Welcome to CB!!! If I may make a small request, Before you post make sure that this subject has not been already posted. Here are multiple links to threads already on this subject.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

I think Link 3 will help you the most with your question. Almost EVERYONE that has a Pearl is having this issue with the memory lose including yours truly! You have to wait for VZW to come out with a fix for it.

Click
    01-03-08 10:44 AM
    The memory leak thing does indeed stink. I'd almost be equally as skeptical about that memory reading in the high twentys to thirties. Mine was never that high taking it out of the box...?
    01-03-08 11:08 AM
    It definitely wouldn't be 20-30 right 'out of the box'... but folks have removed extraneous items/apps such as languages, character sets, sample video, sample music, preloaded pics, BrickBreaker etc... giving ~20.
    01-03-08 01:48 PM
    I must say...being new to the BB environment you are all extremely helpful and I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone who's gotten back to me. I woosed out and just exchanged it for a new Pearl. I had only had it for a week so I said what the ****. Lesson learned and I will be staying away from Opera. Out of the box after deleting Spanish and French I am at 16+. I don't know how I was at 20+ before. Sounds like that is hard to come by. I will be a frequent member of this site. Thanks again for all your help
    01-03-08 02:33 PM
    Enjoy your new BB! and welcome to the addiction.
    01-03-08 02:50 PM
    I'm still kind of new to the BB world,...........but can someone tell me how to see a list of the applications that are currently 'running' or 'open' on the Pearl?

Thanks !
    01-03-08 02:57 PM
    Application Switcher (ALT + ESC) will show you running apps, but use it cautiously... see here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/tip...html#post97111
    01-03-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD