i know everyone gets tired of memory questions but I've tried everything and still have serious leak problems. When I got my pearl in Feb and I did a battery pull I could get 21 free but now I only get about 16. Only application I have on my phone is yahoo. I have just about tried everything I can find to do. HELP! Also no media is saved to my phone its all on a card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 12:46 AM
    Please follow the link in my sig.

08-18-08 12:47 AM
    Is the 16 MB what you get now after a reboot (aka battery pull [alt+right shift+del will also reboot]). Things like browser cache will take up space until it is cleared. I assume jenaywins link is to free memory optimization, but if not there are a couple guides that step through ways of freeing up memory. Over time space will get used up temporarily, kind of like temp files on a pc. This space gets freed up when you reboot. I look forward to hearing how things work out.

08-18-08 04:15 AM
    i have the same problem but nothing seems to work

08-18-08 05:10 AM
    Is the 16 MB what you get now after a reboot (aka battery pull [alt+right shift+del will also reboot]). Things like browser cache will take up space until it is cleared. I assume jenaywins link is to free memory optimization, but if not there are a couple guides that step through ways of freeing up memory. Over time space will get used up temporarily, kind of like temp files on a pc. This space gets freed up when you reboot. I look forward to hearing how things work out.

i clear my cache, i have followed all the guides as suggested that i feel okay doing (scared im going to brick my berry) but i still only get 16 when i do a battery pull, very frustrating!
    08-18-08 05:34 PM
    I have two 8130's, one for me and one for me and one for my wife. I keep an eye on both of them and compare all the time, they are virtually identical in apps, except she uses yahoo and I tossed myn and use jivetalk, my free space after a pull is 21-22, I can't get hers over 17-18. Not saying its yahoo, but it seems to be a little bit of a pig. Just my observatiobs.

08-18-08 05:55 PM
    Have you tried the Stoner's Memory Guide to free up memory?
    08-18-08 06:40 PM
    I am pretty new here too, but i found a tip in one of these forums for my pearl. Alt+lglg then menu, clear log. I then hit menu, options and unchecked all my logs so that it didn't save any logs. I may have messed up there, but i have never ever (in years of using smartphones/blackberries) had anyone ask for log file info.
    08-18-08 07:52 PM
    i clear my cache, i have followed all the guides as suggested that i feel okay doing (scared im going to brick my berry) but i still only get 16 when i do a battery pull, very frustrating!
    If you like I can try and help you figure out what to do next. I know I was scared or bricking my BB at 1st but as I got more comfortable with how things worked I branched out with the tweeking. If you could list what steps you have taken in the freeing up memory, such as delete sample video; delete sample images, etc, I can offer advice on other things I think you will be fine with taking on. I think in no time at all you won't be worried about bricking your BB for very many things.

08-18-08 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD