I know this has been posted a million times but I am still confused. I bought the Verizon Blackberry 8130 probably about a month ago and today I saw that my texts and call logs were getting auto deleted. All of my pictures and music are ony my sd card and I deleted the sample video. My memory says 16037680 bytes out of 50462720 bytes. How is my memory that low when I just bought the phone? I also cleared my history and cache on the browser. Any advice?
    04-17-08 12:37 PM
    Because of all the preloaded stuff that comes on your BB. Here is a good link to Optimize you memory.

Optimize your Berry's memory
    04-17-08 12:41 PM
    Thanks, that seems like a lot of work?
    04-17-08 12:43 PM
    It kinda is - but you'll have a much better and smoother running BB.
    04-17-08 12:44 PM
    It took me no more than 30 minutes to complete. I run at all times 26-30 MB free with a bunch of apps that I installed. I have no memory issues anymore.
    04-17-08 12:45 PM
    Wow - I've dropped below 16 before and still been fine. I can't remember if I have ever hit 14 before....?
    But to lose some texts/calls/etc. and still be at 16 is a little odd.
    04-17-08 12:48 PM
    I need to optimize mine as well. 17 mb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-08 12:52 PM
    Welcome Newbie to CB.
    04-17-08 01:18 PM
    How do you tell how much memory you have available, and does that include the media card memory.

Thanks
    04-19-08 11:30 PM
    Welcome newbies!!!
    04-19-08 11:33 PM
    I'm definetly a newb. I tried but I couldn't see any of the files that were on the e-mail or maybe I'm not the tech inclined.....I guess I need baby steps...
    04-20-08 08:25 AM
    I know this has been posted a million times but I am still confused. I bought the Verizon Blackberry 8130 probably about a month ago and today I saw that my texts and call logs were getting auto deleted. All of my pictures and music are ony my sd card and I deleted the sample video. My memory says 16037680 bytes out of 50462720 bytes. How is my memory that low when I just bought the phone? I also cleared my history and cache on the browser. Any advice?
    Welcome to the wonderful world of the Verizon Pearl and it's lack of memory.

I did that long memory thread too, and now hover around 12 mb free at all times. If I run a program, my phone slows down and sometimes locks up. It's been so frustrating to me that I'm returning it and holding out for a Curve. But to each his own - some people won't notice the low memory. For semi-power users, the Pearl is crippled with low memory. And for some reason, VZW is the worst offender - apparently they load this phone full of junk that's impossible to delete.

The JC thread took me about an hour (I was really confused at first about how to download the phone software to my computer), and freed up some space...just not enough. If you ever plan on having more than three 3rd party apps, you're going to hate this phone.
    04-20-08 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD