Happy Weekend!

So things have been great with my Pearl. I picked up a memory card and put some ringtones, music and wallpapers on it and everything's been swell. Yesterday I removed my card, inserted it into a reader and transferred more music to it. Now when I go into "Media" there is a white bar at the bottom of the screen that says "Scanning". All of my wallpapers show up in "Pictures" but here's the kicker...only about half of my music shows up in "Music" and none of the ringtones show up when I select "My Ringtones".

But get this...when I'm in "Media" and push the menu button I can select Explore which allows me to go through the media card like I'm in Windows Explorer on my PC. Everything shows up in this view. All or my ringtones, music, everything. So what gives? Is there something that I need to do or perhaps something that I've done incorrectly?

Thanks in advance!
    01-24-09 11:52 AM
    Have a tried a battery pull yet? That works for me.
    01-24-09 02:07 PM
    This is a lot of work, but it should fix your problem.

1. Take your memory card out and put it in a card reader in your computer. If that's not possible, you can do it through mass storage mode.

2. Copy EVERYTHING off of the card and back it up onto your computer.

3. Put the card back in the device and format it by going to Options --> Media Card --> Menu button --> Format Media Card.

4. Go back to your computer and do a search in that folder for all the BBThumbs.dat files and delete them all.

5. Put the card back in your computer and get ready to copy the files over.

6. Don't just do a mass copy of all your backed-up folders. Go into each folder (music, pictures, videos, etc) and copy the INDIVIDUAL FILES back to the memory card. Do NOT copy any .dat or .ini files that windows makes. Just the media and nothing else.

7. Put the card back in your berry and go to the Media app. It will start scanning. If you look under music, you should be able to see the different artists start to pop up in the list as the files get scanned.

8. Go take a break, this could take a while. (I have 6.5 gigs of music and the initial scanning took me almost half an hour.)

That should solve it!
    Note that you will get the scanning message popping up every once and a while, but it will be much, much faster because all the BBThumbs files have been created. The BB just feels like it needs to check them every now and again.
    01-24-09 02:31 PM
    I had the same problem today, I ran a scandisk (with auto repairs / recovery ticked) on the memory card and it fixed the problem.
    01-24-09 02:36 PM
    Have a tried a battery pull yet? That works for me.
    Battery pull worked like a charm. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 04:12 PM
    Battery pull didn't work, steps from mew1033 did. Thanks mew1033!
    07-05-10 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD