I have a Verizon BB Pearl 8130 with a 1gb memory card. The memory card was working fine, I didn't have a lot on it so there was plenty of room left on it, just a few ring tones and a few pics. I went to use my camera last weekend and for some reason it just stopped working. The phone will alert me when I remove the card and place it back in there but it's not reading the content on the card for some reason. I don't really want to re-format it because I don't want to lose a couple of pics that are on there. Has this happened to anyone else and is there anything I can do to fix it without losing my content?
    10-28-08 11:15 AM
    Try putting the card in a reader or microSD to SD adapter so you can read it in your PC. If you can read it, copy the pics to your PC, put the card back in the phone, and reformat it in the phone.
    10-28-08 11:35 AM
    I don't have a clue what the problem was, but I'm posting this just in case someone else is having the same issue. I turned the phone off, took out the battery, replaced it and turned the phone back on. It did a security update finally and now the memory card is working. I don't know if it was because I took the battery out or not (because I had turned it off and on again several times and it didn't do any good) or if it just needed time? But it's working now. Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to go ahead and insert the memory card in my computer when I get home and save everything, just in case this happens again. Thanks for the help.
    10-28-08 01:09 PM
    My device memory goes down a good bit when i put in a memory card, any idea why?
    10-28-08 06:29 PM
    it has to read it, and that takes memory...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD