Hey Peeps,

Lately I have been unable to download apps due to insufficient space. I really don't have much on my phone now:

Vlingo
    dodgers shortcut(baseball)
    opera Min
    goog maps
    free range
    CB shortcut
    Radio Companion
    Viigo
    POYNT

Is there over kill somewhere...maybe vigo & free range?
    It just seems that i should hold more than that.......Help
    07-03-08 06:13 PM
    Um wow. You have a TON of apps on your phone for having only 64MB of flash memoury to work with. Have you optimized? Also, what is your available memoury?
    07-03-08 06:17 PM
    WOW are you tech support>.....your on it how do i optimize and how do I check avail mem.....
    Um wow. You have a TON of apps on your phone for having only 64MB of flash memoury to work with. Have you optimized? Also, what is your available memoury?
    07-03-08 06:19 PM
    Well what do you have for File Free? Go to Options > Status and tell us what you have there.
    07-03-08 06:19 PM
    Available Memory - Options> Status

Optimize - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-03-08 06:20 PM
    Lol....
    Do a search for Stoner's guide to optimizing memoury. I am unsure of the link, but it is the best.

To check available memoury, go to Options>Status.
    07-03-08 06:20 PM
    Hey Peeps,

Lately I have been unable to download apps due to insufficient space. I really don't have much on my phone now:

Vlingo
    dodgers shortcut(baseball)
    opera Min
    goog maps
    free range
    CB shortcut
    Radio Companion
    Viigo
    POYNT

Is there over kill somewhere...maybe vigo & free range?
    It just seems that i should hold more than that.......Help
    LMAO dude believe it or not that alot... like jenna said keep in mind you dont have alot of Flash memory on these phone (atleast until the bold comes out which will have 1gb) try optimizing your phones memory by following the directions on this thread How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    07-03-08 06:22 PM
    File Free: 1463212Bytes

Well what do you have for File Free? Go to Options > Status and tell us what you have there.
    07-03-08 06:23 PM
    File Free: 1463212Bytes

For the love of God please optimize.
    Also make sure you are using a media card, properly close out apps, and keep your internet cache clear. Also do a battery pull once a week at least.
    07-03-08 06:24 PM
    I hate Pulling out......oh shoot...sorry

Also make sure you are using a media card, properly close out apps, and keep your internet cache clear. Also do a battery pull once a week at least.
    07-03-08 06:26 PM
    With that low of free memory you better do a battery pull before you do anything else. Then follow stoners guide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 06:28 PM
    Oh yeah I did all the free uop memory stuff I haven't got ride of password keep(I lIke) and wall papers I haven't done so either..

07-03-08 06:28 PM
    There is a program you can download that will remove your preloaded media stuff for you. Find it at ttp://www.blackberrytrade.com.

I believe it's called MaxMem. I used it to get rid of my wallpapers, etc. It's easier than going through the DM and everything else. You can also get rid of VAD and other things if you do not use them.

PLEASE NOTE: This app deletes ALL sample wallpapers. You can't cherry pick!
    07-03-08 06:31 PM
    So the reality to this ......is I'm just a app ***** and need not download everything crackberry has to offer......damn how do I choose....this sucks!

There is a program you can download that will remove your preloaded media stuff for you. Find it at ttp://www.blackberrytrade.com.

I believe it's called MaxMem. I used it to get rid of my wallpapers, etc. It's easier than going through the DM and everything else. You can also get rid of VAD and other things if you do not use them.

07-03-08 06:34 PM

I have a question about that application. Are you aloud to choose what you want it to delete example only the sample wallpapers and not voice dialing, push dial ext.
    07-03-08 06:35 PM
    I have a question about that application. Are you aloud to choose what you want it to delete example only the sample wallpapers and not voice dialing, push dial ext.
    Yes- only what you want to delete.
    07-03-08 06:37 PM
    To piggy back on the question....can you do it from you phone browser?? or PC

07-03-08 06:37 PM
    Yes- only what you want to delete.
    Ya beat me, darlin.

Yup Chaz is right.
    07-03-08 06:38 PM
    To piggy back on the question....can you do it from you phone browser?? or PC
    No. You have to do it directly from your device. Visit mobile.blackberrytrade.com from your browser.
    07-03-08 06:38 PM
    So visualize this application for me. There is about 4 buttons to click each telling you what it will delete. How much space will I save from deleting sample wallpapers. Can you give me what I will save from what I delete?
    07-03-08 06:39 PM
    You can clear up to 5MB is what the program says. I only deleted media and the internal RIM programs. Did a restart after that.. I jumped up 10MB.
    07-03-08 06:40 PM
    Jena, Chaz goes way back....he quick on the draw when he's not cooking for the fam ....hey chaz how ya doing bro?
    Ya beat me, darlin.

Yup Chaz is right.
    07-03-08 06:41 PM
    Oh, I cant use this program because I have the new OS
    07-03-08 06:43 PM
    Jena, Chaz goes way back....he quick on the draw when he's not cooking for the fam ....hey chaz how ya doing bro?
    Doing great "other Chaz" lol
    07-03-08 06:44 PM
    Oh, I cant use this program because I have the new OS
    I ran it on 4.5.0.37, and had no problem with it.
    07-03-08 06:45 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD