I have the strangest thing going on with my BB. If I receive a msg with sound it plays perfectly. But if I make a phone call anytime 'after' receiving that sound I can't hear the phone ringing on the other end or the person if they answer, but they can hear me.
    I can do a reset or battery pull and it's fine after until I get anything with sound again. I've swapped the phone once and talked to Verizon tech support too. They are baffled and I'm sick of it.

Any ideas on what might be going on?
    I have done the software upgrade and my carrier is Verizon and it's a Blackberry Pearl 8130

Thank you for any help...
    03-28-08 09:28 PM
    Are you talking about MMS mesages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 10:23 PM
    yes anything with sound involved. A pix won't do it. it's like the media has it locked with sound. But it's silent. The person I call can hear me though perfectly. I just hear nothing
    03-28-08 10:39 PM
    yes anything with sound involved. A pix won't do it. it's like the media has it locked with sound. But it's silent. The person I call can hear me though perfectly. I just hear nothing
    Are you closing out of whatever messaging program your using ALL the way??
    Or are you just hitting the red end button??
    With the latest OS, the media player does not shut down until you hit the BB button and select close, an example would be playing music, texting and putting the phone in your holster, the song will restart almost as if by magic and usually at a not so good time, such as marilyn manson in an important meeting, or jerry jeff walker in a room full of rednecks (2nd example not so good, but very funny)..
    Try that...and let us know if it works.
    03-28-08 10:56 PM
    I'm closing it not hitting the red button. i just tried it again and now i have no sound when I make a call. Do the soft reset and i'm working properly again. This is baffling me.
    03-28-08 11:17 PM
    That is odd...I'd recommend swapping the phone out one more time. Third time's the charm...

If it happens again, it may be a third party application that you're installing or maybe even a weird BES setting if you have BES setup.
    03-28-08 11:21 PM
    Just called the phone and answered it and hear nothing from the pearl. The speaker is just dead silent. Do the soft reset and it's working fine.
    03-28-08 11:21 PM
    But is the media player still open? Do the up/down arrow and the backspace to see open apps, media player is gonna show up, really.

03-28-08 11:25 PM
    nope media player doesn't show.

tech support has no idea either. I hate to swap it for another. *sigh*
    03-29-08 08:08 PM
    Wow, do you use headphones? Maybe you've had 2 with bad headphone jacks. Try plugging the headphones in and see if you get something.

03-29-08 09:08 PM
    Hi, its a known issue with our (vz) pearl and curve, no fix yet. Its on our known device issue list and we are waiting for a fix.

08-07-08 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD