I am a Newbie. I have searched the forums and can't find an answer. I just put a media card in and it was recognized, but when I try to save to it, it is not an option. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    ~ vndlewis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 07:05 PM
    what are you trying to save to it??
    09-14-08 07:06 PM
    So it doesn't show as a directory option at all?

09-14-08 07:06 PM
    Did you format the card?
    09-14-08 07:50 PM
    I am a Newbie. I have searched the forums and can't find an answer. I just put a media card in and it was recognized, but when I try to save to it, it is not an option. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    ~ vndlewis

Format the microsd card in a pc and then place the back in the phone.
    You should have it working now. Or, if your OS supports the size you placed in your phone, you should be able to format the card using the menu once you goto OPTIONS/MEDIA CARD and then use the menu to FORMAT CARD.
    If this does not format the card, then format the card in the PC. There are instances where the card will not format either in a PC nor in the phone. If that happens, take it back to where you purchased it and ask for another one.

Let us know how your doing...

H.
    09-14-08 07:57 PM
    It let me format my card. I want to transfer my ringtones and pics to it. When I go to options it says I have 1.8 gb free space. I even tried to download a new ringtone and I only had device memory as an option.

~ vndlewis

09-14-08 08:12 PM
    Ok, I was able to move my pics to my media card, but I am still not able to put my ringtones on it. Is there some trick I have not found yet?
    09-15-08 12:40 AM
    bump - anyone?
    09-15-08 06:10 PM
    Ok, I was able to move my pics to my media card, but I am still not able to put my ringtones on it. Is there some trick I have not found yet?
    You formatted in your pc, but did you then format in your BB?
    When you format in your BB, it adds the premade media files..
    with the card in the BB, go to options > Media card > once in the menu, hit the berry button and select format now from the menu. Once again you will lose anything on the card before the format..
    09-15-08 08:55 PM
    I did format on my BB. I can't reformat my card again because I would lose the pics of my newborn niece (born today).

~ vndlewis

09-15-08 09:05 PM
    I did format on my BB. I can't reformat my card again because I would lose the pics of my newborn niece (born today).

~ vndlewis

If you did already, when you hook up to your pc does it ding?
    If so, just go to my computer, open up drive E BB, double click the first folder and the media ones will open...
    09-15-08 09:12 PM
    I have not hooked it up to my PC yet. I just put my software on today. I will try when I get back from the hospital tonight. Thankyou.

~ vndlewis

09-15-08 09:17 PM
    NP, congrats on the niece.

09-15-08 09:19 PM
    OK, I got my media card to work. Thank you for the help and thank you on the congrats. She is a cutie - looks just like her Nee Nee.
    09-17-08 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD