I just installed a SanDisk microSDHC on my new 8130. The device apparently does not recognize the card since when I try to access the card, it shows what appears to be a red exclamation mark beside the media card. Can anyone offer any suggestions concerning what the problem might be? Software version for the 8130 is 4.3.0.71. Service is with Sprint. Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.
    12-01-07 06:07 AM
    first try pulling out the battery..
    12-01-07 08:34 AM
    I bought an 8130 last Friday, returned it on Monday because BB wasn't reading media card, exchanged it for a new phone and the same card worked fine, that is until this morning. Now the card isn't being read again. A little frustrating, I love the phone. Taking the card out and re-inserting is not the solution.
    12-01-07 09:44 AM
    I bought an 8130 last Friday, returned it on Monday because BB wasn't reading media card, exchanged it for a new phone and the same card worked fine, that is until this morning. Now the card isn't being read again. A little frustrating, I love the phone. Taking the card out and re-inserting is not the solution.
    Any chance the card you bought is a MicroSDHC card and not just a MicroSD card? I don't think the MicroSDHC cards work on the 8130s.
    12-01-07 10:26 AM
    No It's the Micro SD
    12-01-07 12:44 PM
    No It's the Micro SD
    Hmm. Maybe it's a defective memory card then. Try another one and see if i works.
    12-01-07 03:33 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion but, did that, got new memory card, tried it in two other phones worked correctly. It's the BB
    12-01-07 11:09 PM
    I recently got a Sandisk 4 GB HCSD card for my 8130 and it works fine. No taking out the battery first, etc. I've heard 8130s have problems with the 8 GB cards, but other than that, I'm not sure what it could be since you've tried everything else it seems....sorry
    12-02-07 01:03 PM
    Just to reaffirm that MicroSDHC do work, I put in a 6 GB SanDisk about 4 days ago. Works like a charm. Popped it in, and the first time I loaded something that used memory (i.e. the camera) it asked me if I'd like to enable mass storage mode. I did however have a problem with my Camera not wanting to store in the memory card, and the "options" menu was only giving me "Device Memory" as opposed to having both that as well as the media card. Changing the "save to" folder fixed this however.

Have to tried formatting the card? I have heard of people also formatting on their laptops before using it in their phone as well. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    12-02-07 11:25 PM
    since I put in a 2GB Kingston/Microcenter microSD card I no received push emails , phone works though. Card was recognized and storage increased. Removed microSD, emails came through in mass quantity.

Re-inserted card, formated, all good now
    12-03-07 10:59 PM
    12 hours ago, I pulled out the media card, pulled out the battery, waited about 30 seconds for the phone to reset?, put back in the battery, put back in the media card, and everything worked: the phone recognized the media card. So far so good. Time will tell.
    12-04-07 10:44 PM
    since I put in a 2GB Kingston/Microcenter microSD card I no received push emails , phone works though. Card was recognized and storage increased. Removed microSD, emails came through in mass quantity.

Re-inserted card, formated, all good now
    There was a Major BB outage yesterday.
    12-04-07 10:56 PM
    You can also try putting the card in with the battery out then put the battery back in and format the card on the BB.
    12-04-07 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD