Ok, in the interest of stupidity I would like to pose a question to you all. I just got my BB about two weeks ago and I have a Motorola H700 bluetooth paired with it. I purchased my H700 when I got my BB. On my old phone and bluetooth, when the phone rang, it would ring through my bluetooth rather than the phone. Now, with my BB and I have my bluetooth on, it rings through the phone and the bluetooth just beeps in my ear. Is there a setting I'm missing to have it ring through the bluetooth and not the phone? I hope this makes sense to everyone!!!

Thanks
    Keith
    05-28-08 09:24 PM
    Ok, in the interest of stupidity I would like to pose a question to you all. I just got my BB about two weeks ago and I have a Motorola H700 bluetooth paired with it. I purchased my H700 when I got my BB. On my old phone and bluetooth, when the phone rang, it would ring through my bluetooth rather than the phone. Now, with my BB and I have my bluetooth on, it rings through the phone and the bluetooth just beeps in my ear. Is there a setting I'm missing to have it ring through the bluetooth and not the phone? I hope this makes sense to everyone!!!

Thanks
    Keith
    This is mainly due to the way manufacturers have decided to implement the bluetooth protocol. Some phones will open an audio channel to the headset which will cause the ringtone to play. Some send an incoming call notification to the headset which causes whatever the headset manufacturer decided to play... beeps, tones, small melodys... it all varies.

Bottom line, it's working right, and there isn't much you change about this level of feature.

XC
    05-29-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD