Hi guys. I was just wondering.......

I got a Curve now and Im going to give my old Pearl to my brother. Is there any way to do a mass clear which delete all of my content ie contacts, messages and such without having to go in there and delete every single one?
    06-25-08 05:16 PM
    Try this.

Perhaps you have purchased a new model of BlackBerry and would like to gift your previous model to a friend or sell it on ebay. The same rule applies, you do not want them to see what you were using your Blackberry for prior to handing it over.

If you fall into either of the above categories, or another with the same goal of wiping out your BlackBerry, you are in luck. The process is actually extremely easy and accomplished in one of two ways:

1. Incorrect password entry: If you enter an incorrect password into your BlackBerry 10 consecutive times, the BlackBerry is programmed to wipe itself out as a security precaution. You will be prompted to type the word �blackberry� (no quotes) in order to confirm the wipe.
    2. Manual Wipe: In order to perform a manual wipe of your entire BlackBerry, you will need to do the following: Options > Security Options > General Settings > Click the trackwheel/trackball on the Password field > Select �Wipe Handheld�. As with the above method you be prompted to enter �blackberry� (no quotes) in order confirm the system wipe.
    06-25-08 05:22 PM
    Thanks a lot!!!! you just save'd me a lot of trouble!!!!
    06-25-08 08:00 PM
    You're very welcome. Hope you hang around and also your brother.

Lots of great info and people here.
    06-25-08 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD