Hi,

I bought a new blackberry pearl 8110 and installed the software on my computer. I am running windows XP and upon installing it, it said that this software does not comply with the windows logo test? So i created a restore point in case the warnings came true and my computer was damaged. So i installed the software, tried to connect my phone, and it would not show up that it is connected. Not even the little icon next to the battery indicator on my phone shows that it is connected. I have had other things connected in my usb ports so i know they are ok. The other strange thing is that whenever i plug my phone into my comp, then try to charge it, it won't charge. I'm thinking that whenever i plug it in to the computer it changes some setting somewhere because all i have to do is remove the battery and it will then take a charge. Strange. Anyway, I'm sure i'm not the first person to have this problem, so lets hear your solutions!

Thank you, Todd
    09-28-08 06:15 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Todd.

Even Google was no help with this one. I have never encounted that problem, apparently, nobody else has either.

I would be inclined to do a fresh download of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, just in case.
    09-28-08 06:32 PM
    Thank you for the welcome and looking on google. I searched crackberry, read a few threads but found nothing. I'm in the process of downloading v4.6 so we'll see what happens. I decided to download it without the media manager since that seemed to be the trouble spot when i installed it in the first place. thanks again!
    09-28-08 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD