I have a new Pearl 8130, and am trying my best to manage the memory. I've already encountered connectivity problems when Opera mini crashed on me, so I deleted it. I also deleted the sample video. I have added Google Maps and Google Sync, so I currently have only about 14mb free out of 64. I have a 1gb memory card installed, which is where I store photos.

I've noticed slower performance loading apps, and also some slight delays in accessing menus. I'm pretty disciplined about always closing apps, not just moving from one to another and leaving them running in the background. Any ideas why?

Thanks!
    04-07-08 10:50 PM
    You might try a hard reset(s)(battery pull). Also search for any links to optimize your memory. Good Luck.
    04-07-08 10:55 PM
    04-08-08 05:50 AM
    Make sure to look at your device memory when it starts getting low do a pull or softreset. I think I do it like 2 times a week or so of whenever needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 05:53 AM
    A couple other easy things to do.
    Go to pics in the media folder and hit options, set the device pic memory reserve for pictures to 0 and make sure all your pictures are saved to your card.
    Get rid of the help app.
    Definitely do the John Clark freeing up memory deal, you can comfortably roll at 24Meg free with all the above and some good apps loaded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD