The 3rd skin does not fit right. As well as the membrane does not look right. I installed it per the directions to no avail. Also any picture I taken does not come out clear it looks washed out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 09:48 PM
    The third skin? Do you mean the rubber guard or the clear skin that covers the keyboard? The rubber skin lines up with the indentions on the hard case but if the hard case is not snapped together completely then it shifts the indentions thus the rubber guard will be off. The clear skin that goes on first(covers the camera lens)can be stretched if necessary. To fix the washed out look of the pics, I took an exacto hobby scalpel and cut the skin using the hard case opening as a template. This can be done with it all put together just don't cut too deep. Hope I have answered your question.

08-08-08 09:59 PM
    sounds complicated
    08-09-08 02:14 AM
    not really. I had some issues with the otterbox on my pearl in terms of the silicon rubber outer skin feeling not exactly loose per-se..... but it didn't hug as tightly as it could have at the lower edges of the screen area right above the keyboard. It was really just a cosmetic issue and nothing that hindered the function of the otterbox. With a little fidgeting I could usually get it seated in tight. Hopefully they will correct the fit of the outer skin soon and you can just call them up and they will send you a free replacement.
    08-09-08 06:53 PM
    I luckily have not had any problems with taking pictures with mine on. I take it all off once a week to pull the battery and scrub the skin that covers the keyboard with dishsoap and one of those soft white scotchbrute pads and it looks almost new afterwards. It might eventually start to show scratching but like he said they are very good about sending out new parts for them. I called them when my first thermal plastic membrane tore at work and had a new one 4 days later. The case is definitely a godsend though a friend of mine got upset one time when I was showing it off to a guy I meet with a curve and threw it and nothing happened lol.

08-10-08 07:42 PM
    the plastic membrane doesn't fit on my 8330 but, it's because they haven't made one for the 8330 instead they just ship the 8300/8310/8320 one.....and I take my case off WAY too many times so the silicone layer is stretched in the back.....
    08-10-08 08:40 PM
    I took a hole punch.. it made it work right....
    08-10-08 08:42 PM
    I totally understand why some people need to use an Otterbox, but thank god I do not...

If my device bulked up that much, I would seriously hate it. It is like locking the damn thing up in a cage... and I cannot stand the added weight and different feel in the hand
    08-10-08 08:43 PM
    I got used it it very quickly. The only thing that ever bothers me is the alt and enter keys sometimes because they are in the corners and are pretty tight.

08-11-08 06:04 AM
    I understand that you all have issues with the otterbox (some of them are more signifigant than others), but if it a real problem then otterbox will correct the issue. I deal with them all the time and they have great CS.
    08-11-08 06:09 AM
    actually, if I'd get a response back from them on my most recent tech request, I'd be very happy, the send/menu/trackball/esc/end keys on the 8330 aren't the same as the 8300/8310/8320 and the first layer (clear plastic) doesn't fit right, at all.
    08-12-08 12:00 AM
    Honestly guys I think that otterbox is UGLY and takes away from the size of ANY phone. I understand that they're not made for looks but sheesh they make BlackBerrys look like 1999 Zack Morris sized phones.

I'm not trying to start controversies or arguments but I don't like seeing another blackberry look so bad. :\

08-12-08 09:21 AM
    it's not that bad, my curve in the otterbox is about the same size as an 8700.....

and seeing as it's taken some pretty nasty falls, I'll take the added bulk.
    08-12-08 10:15 AM
    It looks huge to me, but a picture can only tell you so much!

And actually a picture on a pearl is even worse!

08-12-08 10:54 AM
    I will take the added protection any day! I mean, sure the Pearl itself is a great looking phone, but I don't want it to get all messed up. My membrane fits just fine and takes photos fine with the membrane on even.
    08-13-08 07:50 PM
    wish I could get good pics with the membrane on....*grumble*
    08-13-08 11:08 PM
    I too had a problem with the membrane and the outer silicone cover coming loose at the lower right side of the screen on my 8130. A quick e-mail to Otterbox and I had a new cover and membrane in a few days, and the silicone hasn't come loose again. Excellent customer service from Natasha at Otterbox.

One thing about bulk. I don't find the Otterbox bulky on the 8130. In fact the Pearl felt a little too small and slippery in my hands without a cover. The Otterbox really makes it feel much better without too much bulk. Also, I've dropped my Pearl 3 times already with no damage.
    08-14-08 12:34 PM
    Honestly guys I think that otterbox is UGLY and takes away from the size of ANY phone. I understand that they're not made for looks but sheesh they make BlackBerrys look like 1999 Zack Morris sized phones.

I'm not trying to start controversies or arguments but I don't like seeing another blackberry look so bad. :\

As someone who has gone through three phones in as many years, I love the otterbox. I love my Pearl and would not want to have to keep replacing it every year (like I have been with other phones). I get a lot of compliments on my otterbox. They wish otterbox made one for their type of phone.
    08-17-08 11:28 PM
    Love mine have had it for a month now with no problems.

08-17-08 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD