Hi All,
    greetings! I'm looking to purchase my first PDA and have settled on two options. The 8830 world edition and the 8130. I really can't decide between the two so I thought I would look to the experts to find out what REAL users have liked and not liked about each model. A little about myself and how I plan to use it:

- I do travel for work, although not too extensively. I will most likely use the web browser as frequently as I use the email application. I am a heavy texter and have grown accustomed to the traditional phone button configuration however am easily adaptable and can probably convert to any type pad. I don't take a lot of pictures or movies. I am aware of the international differences between phones and that isn't something that I'm really taking into account. I just want something that is fun, easy, and the easiest to use.

Thank you in advance for any thoughtful responses. . .
    11-18-07 09:55 AM
    I have had the WE (8830) and am getting the 8130 today. I liked the 8830 because the screen was massive. Having the full keyboard is good for the long e-mails, the Pearl keyboard takes some getting used too. Other than that they are the same phone. It depends where you travel to also. Verizon has countries tierd, which means it costs more to talk in certain countries. Either way you might be better off with a prepaid phone from the country you are in. You can still play brickbreaker on the Blackberry
    11-20-07 08:59 AM
    FYI- The 8830 WE and the Curve are to completely different devices.
    11-20-07 09:01 AM
    Hahah lol, I thought he wanted to compare the pearl and the 8830, D'oh. No coffee before 8 o'clock class. :P
    11-20-07 09:04 AM
    to clear that up, the 8830 is not the WE curve, the 8830 is in the 8800 series, the curve i believe is the 8300 series, so yes, totally two different phone, hence the confussion as to which two phones we're comparing, but, I have 8830 and 8130, the 8130 is alot better for multimedia and such, with streaming capabilities from sites such as orb.com. the 8830 is alot easier to write longer e-mails. as far as that goes, replacement batteries for the pearl are alot! cheaper than the 8830.
    11-27-07 10:00 AM
    My friend has the 8830 WE and I looked at it extensively before I purchased the 8130. I like the smaller size on the pearl as I have mine in the shirt pocket most of the time. I also would rather pay for the camera (just in case) than the WE capability. I actually could type better on the 8130 as the keys are slightly larger (I have fat fingers). Both phones are great...what else could they be, their BB's!
    11-27-07 05:34 PM
    I have both the 8830 and the 8130 also. They keys on the 8830 are a bit cramped so if you have normal sized hands, they will take a bit of preciseness to ensure you press the right key. I had a full qwerty keyboard previously on my MotoQ and my XV6600, and I thought that the 8130's suretype would be difficult to get adjusted to but it was the exact opposite. The predictive typing is very good and I can assemble messages a bit faster on the 8130 than the 8830. I mainly use the 8130 due to it's form factor and multimedia capabilities. If you're not overseas much, I'd suggest the 8130.
    11-27-07 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD