Anyone been able to lock the pearl button when the phone gets locked? Had an issue with the phone dialing 911 on it's own while out of holster because the pearl button got pushed twice in my pocket and initiated the emergency call. Or if that can't be done is there a way to turn off the emergency call selection. I don't know anything would be helpful so i can put in pocket without always having to put in holster first. thanks
    09-04-08 02:37 AM
    When you lock the keyboard everything should lock? By pearl button you mean trackball? That only selects what's highlighted. That's how the 8100 and 8130 worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 03:44 AM
    My Pearl does the same thing. When it is locked and the trackball is pressed, a menu will come up giving you the choice to unlock, make an emergency call or cancel. I can see how easy a 911 call could be made accidentally.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 08:08 AM
    Ya, that's the problem right there and it happens very easily if your not careful
    09-04-08 08:50 AM
    I have yet to make the 911 ... yet... but I have come close.. I wish RIM would have set a option to turn it off or lock the trackball so it wouldn't accidentally click it. Ahhh but nothing is perfect... if the great berry
    09-05-08 01:23 AM
    Why not just put the phone in to stand-by with the mute key?
    Once locked, hold down Mute for about a second and the phone goes in to stand-by. In this mode the only thing the phone responds to is the Mute key. If you were only locking your phone to prevent the keys from hitting by accident then you can just put it in to stand-by without locking it. This has the added bonus of extending your battery life.
    09-05-08 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD