I am running version 133 and trying to update to 138 and the loader doesn�t seem to recognize the new version. I have also tired to delete some of the themes out of the java file and it doesn�t seem to recognize that either. Any suggestions
    Last edited by microbob; 06-12-09 at 07:56 PM.
    06-12-09 08:13 AM
    the loader doesn�t seem to recognize the new version. ...
    All BlackBerry Device software is packaged with a securty file to prevent it from installing on any but the specified carrier and model.

Fortunatly, it is simple to bypass the securty:

Navigate too: c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Delete the file Vendor.xml and try your install again. That file is created fresh every time you run the device software install.
    06-12-09 12:02 PM
    All BlackBerry Device software is packaged with a securty file to prevent it from installing on any but the specified carrier and model.

Fortunatly, it is simple to bypass the securty:

Navigate too: c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Delete the file Vendor.xml and try your install again. That file is created fresh every time you run the device software install.
    When I installed the original OS .131 I did leave the vendor file there because it was sprint but have deleted it for .138. The loader app won�t see any changes that I make even if I delete a theme out of the java file the loader doesn�t recognize that I have done this.
    06-12-09 12:57 PM
    Any other ideas. I even did a wipe with JL_Cmder and when it was all finished still .131 OS. could there be a setting on the blackberry that may need changed
    Last edited by microbob; 06-12-09 at 08:39 PM.
    06-12-09 07:34 PM
    The loader app won�t see any changes ...
    That is sure sign, there is still a vendor.xml security file present.

If you used the web based upgrade, it may be in a hidden subdirectory.

John Clark has addressed this in his BlackBerryFourms post:

Why won't my OS update? I deleted the Vendor.xml file! - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    06-14-09 11:54 AM
    If you search for/install/use CrackMem, it will make this a little bit easier for you
    06-14-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD