I have been playing non-stop on my BB since I got it less than a week ago (just ask my wife!) and haven't had a memory card until today. Unfortunately, I have been only able to free up a total of 2MB of memory by deleting all the apps, ringtones, wall paper and pre-installed pictures and videos.

Is that all I can expect to get on this phone or can I get more?

Will all apps now install to the memory card now that it is installed?

Does my calendar and contact information take up much room and if so, can it be installed on the memory card?

I don't mind going back to factory load to start over again. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Sam
    02-19-08 08:49 PM
    you should get more than that.
    No apps, calender, or contacts storage on card.
    Did you try everything here:
    How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    02-19-08 08:51 PM
    No apps, calender, or contacts storage on card.
    What exactly do you mean by that? Are you saying that those items don't store on the memory card?

I still only have just over 2MB free.
    02-19-08 09:10 PM
    correct, they cannot be stored on card.
    02-19-08 09:20 PM
    Dang...I guess that is one thing I will miss about my MotoQ. That's about it though!
    02-19-08 09:21 PM
    How much memory should I be able to free up?
    02-19-08 10:16 PM
    One thing you should do, is a battery pull, also know as a reset, it clears unused item from memory. Check memory before and after and see the difference.
    If you do all that is explained in the freeing up memory FAQ, and don't have a lot of apps, themes, you can see your memory hover around 18-20 meg.
    Mine hangs in the mid 19 meg area.
    02-20-08 04:20 AM
    Well, I guess I need some commas on this thing! It was 20MB not 2MB. <opens mouth, inserts foot>

I did learn some stuff from this thread though. Thanks for the info!!!
    02-20-08 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD