My laptop dont recognise mi media card when I connect my BB, then i need to open the media manager everytime I need to transfer any data, anybody can help?
    Thank you
    04-26-09 04:34 PM
    Do you have Mass Storage Mode enabled? Here's how:
    Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

For most purposes, Mass Storage Mode is much better than Media Manager. The only time you really have to use Media Manager is to get pictures out of your device memory. Mass Storage Mode can't see the device memory. Once the pictures are on the Media Card, Mass Storage Mode will let you drag and drop between the BlackBerry and your PC.
    04-26-09 04:52 PM
    I did it, but nothing hapens, the computer even make the sound when connect the BB, but still dont appears in my cmputer
    04-26-09 05:27 PM
    If you are using Windows XP, and you connected the BlackBerry to the PC before you installed Desktop Manager, you may need to install the BlackBerry USB device driver. You can get it from RIM's site, here: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites. If you are using Vista, you won't have this problem.

If you are connecting your Pearl to a networked computer, you may have a drive letter conflict. It can also happen if you've got a lot of devices connected via USB ports.

Disconnect your BlackBerry from your PC and disconnect your PC from the network, or unplug other USB accessories, as appropriate. Now plug the BlackBerry into the USB again and look in My Computer. If the removable drive shows up, you've found your problem. Go to My Computer, right click, and select Manage, then Disk Management. Right click on the BlackBerry disk and change the drive letter to a letter you know is not used by one of your network or USB devices. Plug your PC back into the network and restore your other USB devices and everything should be fine.

I hope these suggestions help, or point you in the right direction.
    04-26-09 09:47 PM
    Jeff- I went into options and I dont see the Media Card option...

Do you have Mass Storage Mode enabled? Here's how:
    Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

For most purposes, Mass Storage Mode is much better than Media Manager. The only time you really have to use Media Manager is to get pictures out of your device memory. Mass Storage Mode can't see the device memory. Once the pictures are on the Media Card, Mass Storage Mode will let you drag and drop between the BlackBerry and your PC.
    06-15-09 09:47 AM
    I can't see any of your details because I'm on WAP. What device and OS are you using? Was your BlackBerry was provided by your employer, or did you purchase it yourself? If you purchased it, did you buy it used? The reason I am asking is that it's possible you have an employer-installed IT policy that is blocking use of the Media card. Used BlackBerry devices often have left-over IT policies on them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 11:59 AM
    I can't see any of your details because I'm on WAP. What device and OS are you using? Was your BlackBerry was provided by your employer, or did you purchase it yourself? If you purchased it, did you buy it used? The reason I am asking is that it's possible you have an employer-installed IT policy that is blocking use of the Media card. Used BlackBerry devices often have left-over IT policies on them.

I have a bold 4.6.266 and i purchased this bb.. this was a replacement from At&t...
    06-15-09 01:15 PM
    I don't understand why you don't have Media as an Option. Do you have a Media card in your Bold?

06-15-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD