Hey does anyone's keypad light sometimes stay on once their screen goes off? Mine does, sometimes for about 10 seconds despite the screen being off. Also is seems like the keypad will go on and off despite me being in the same exact lighting and literally not moving at all. (ie putting it on my kitchen counter top)
    02-21-08 09:18 AM
    my keyboard light goes out with the screen.

I have had to set the backlight brightness to 100% and turn OFF Automatic Backlight. Otherwise the screen is usually too dim.
    02-21-08 10:57 AM
    The keypad has a separate light sensor from the display, so yes they can be on/off at different times. It happens from time to time on my 8130.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 02:20 PM
    I didn't know that GG. Where is the sensor for the keypad?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 03:10 PM
    Not sure exactly Zak, I believe its actually somewhere under the keypad itself since its translucent.
    02-21-08 04:36 PM
    It happens to me sometimes randomly, just like it shuts itself off too, when either of those things happen, i do a battery pull... just because you know something's gone wrong... so fix it by resetting ha
    02-22-08 04:35 AM
    This behavior isn't necessarily something wrong. I just believe the keypad sensor has different sensitivity than the display sensor... causing dissimilar lighting patterns.
    02-22-08 06:29 AM
    There are times when my keypad stays on longer than the screen as well....like GG said, I don't believe this is a malfunction in any way.
    02-22-08 10:28 AM
    if it's not a malfunction, it's good news to me. i'm sitting here in a dark room, and my keypad is softly lit. it never used to do that, but it just recently did.

so there is no way to fix this at all?
    08-16-08 07:31 AM
    How would i get my keypad to always light when im using the phone. Or sync it to the screen? is their am after market app?
    01-27-09 07:46 PM
    Personally I think its awesome.. And if it is seperate from the screen as a fact it would be even cooler if a program was made to designate the keypad and its seperate light source to be set as the phones status light, or something that can be used for somethin else like that for example.. Let's hear the comments on this brainstorm.
    06-08-09 12:32 AM
    How would i get my keypad to always light when im using the phone. Or sync it to the screen? is their am after market app?
    Good thinking! Sorry I didn't read all the replies before commenting, but yah that's basically another good idea that I was thinking!
    06-08-09 01:26 AM
    It gives the Pearl 8130 charm. The light comes on when it wants, or not at all. It makes it quirky. I love my Pearl.
    06-17-09 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD