How can I turn off my key tone when I activate the sound on off? When I dial a number to call someone it is so loud and its kinda driving Me nuts. Its distracting! I went to my phone log options and I can't find anything to turn my key tone off! Please help!?
    Thanks!
    08-08-08 09:49 AM
    There's not a phone option to do it, but here's a work around: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/tur...dialing-19161/

If you type "Keypad tones" into the Search Forums box, you'll find this thread and others.

Welcome to the forums! For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    08-08-08 11:21 AM
    If you look in phone settings & its under the screen & key pad options I believe you can cut it on & off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 11:33 AM
    If you look in phone settings & its under the screen & key pad options I believe you can cut it on & off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's a good point. I assumed the OP meant the keypad touch tones, since he referred to the phone options, but your interpretation is equally likely.
    08-08-08 11:42 AM
    use the vibrate mode then set your other options
    08-08-08 11:46 AM
    Thanks guys, I didn't think to search under the forums regarding my problem. But this was a big help and Thanks a bunch!!
    08-08-08 07:24 PM
    I just upgraded my 8330 to OS version 4.5....66 and cant turn off the key tones in Normal mode.

The problem is that as of yesterday when i was using 4.3... and set the "key tone" to off, is was off for all profiles.

Any ideas as to why 4.5 took a step backwards?
    08-09-08 08:56 AM
    I was wondering the same thing for the first couple days as well. i did find a way to silence that key beep when dialling though.
    -scroll and click on the profile app.
    -scroll down and click on advanced
    -scroll over quiet and click the menu button
    -click edit
    -then scroll down to phone
    -take mute off
    -adjust all settings to your preference
    -save
    Viola now you have a silent key tone dial.
    10-13-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD