Just got the pearl from alltel and i'm still learning how to use it. With my MotoQ it was fairly easy to tether the internet to my laptop but i can't figure out how to do it on the pearl considering i can't even see a web browser choice in the menu! Also, is there a program to make the ringers louder? the ringers to me are so quiet! ANY help using this phone will help!
    02-03-08 11:02 AM
    for ringer volume, try this:

go to profiles (make sure it's on "loud"), scroll down to advanced and click it, click on loud (which should be active), then click on phone, you will see volume (for in holster and out, for mine) there which was medium for my default. change that and see if that helps. good luck! i think you'll love the pearl.
    02-03-08 11:11 AM
    I used to be an Alltel BB user and I think that Alltel prevents your using your BB as a tethered modem. I KNOW they did as recently as about 6 month ago. You might call their CS and ask.
    02-03-08 11:20 AM
    i hope they don't because my both my dad and i are paying $10 extra dollars a month to use the phone for tethering purposes! i just don't even have a browser icon on the menu.. it says alltel has to activate it!
    02-03-08 11:33 AM
    You logged into the BIS site and did the set up there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-08 12:24 PM
    what are you talking about BIS site? i haven't logged into anything.. i went to alltel and the lady said to call technical support.. so we'll see if that will help!
    02-03-08 07:31 PM
    You shouldn't have to log in to any bis... Are you paying for the days service?
    There should be a browser icon in the menu that looks like a little globe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD