My BB Pearl is 8100 model, and when I connect it to the computer it doestn do anything I've had this phone for 2 weeks so its fairly new...
    I havent done anything
    DO i need to have a data plan??
    Oh yeah I also have T-mobile
    08-29-08 08:25 PM
    What are you trying to do? You said you "connect it to the computer". Are you trying to get internet access on your computer from your BB?
    Or are you just trying to sync it with your computer? If the latter is the case, try loading Desktop Manager, then connect your BB, if that doesn't recognize it, c'mon back and we'll see what else we can do for ya.
    08-29-08 08:31 PM
    did you install desktop manager on your pc? the disk that came with it
    08-29-08 08:31 PM
    I did insert the cd into my computer, but i didnt reallly know how to install it!
    I figured that was the base of my problem...
    Can you help me on installation?
    08-30-08 01:05 PM
    If you're not sure how to install a program to your computer from a CD-ROM you might be in for a bumpy ride, but since you're from Buffalo, I'll give it a shot.

Place the CD with the Desktop Manager software into the CD-ROM on your computer. Open the disc by clicking on the ROM drive in "My Computer" (I assume you're using a PC, if you're on a Mac you won't be installing anything today).

When then installation process starts, follow the on screen instructions carefully. It sounds like you should do a regular install and not try to customize it at all.

Let us know how ya do.
    08-30-08 01:09 PM
    Lol, I know how to install things from a Cd-rom it was just i was doing things before and it never did anything
    08-30-08 01:26 PM
    Sorry, had to assume. So, you put the CD in the ROM and it doesn't open? Does the ROM recognize other discs? You could go to the RIM website and download it there too.
    08-30-08 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD